Range Report Sig

Range Report Sig

This is a discussion on Range Report Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok shot 100 rounds thru new P239 9mm. One box of Win. white box and one box of Federal both in 115 FMJ. The 239 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Range Report Sig

Ok shot 100 rounds thru new P239 9mm. One box of Win. white box and one box of Federal both in 115 FMJ. The 239 is all metal as you know, therefore a little on the heavy side. But I do know that it could be easily concealed. I know one person who told me it is his favorite pistol to carry and he has a lot of choices. (Retired policeman 41 yrs and now teaches CC and defensive classes). Based on this recommendation I purchased one as my latest handgun. Now to the range report. This is without a doubt the best handgun I have ever shot. It is very smooth and easy to shoot well due to the superb trigger. The weight of the pistol makes recoil easy to handle with the 115 gr. bullets. Will try some hotter loads later but do not expect any issue. I like the de cocker feature and it is easy to reach on this gun. The mag release is in the perfect spot for my hand size. Also the grips on this gun is perfect if you have small hands like I do. The version I have has nite sights with the three dots. I have never shot this type of sight before so it took a while to get used to them. Soon I was shooting repeatedly in the bullseye. Just a real pleasure to shoot with that smooth single action trigger. I believe this is the most impressive feature of the Sig : a great trigger. The reputation of super reliability sold me initially but it is truly a superb shooter. One last thing that I really like is how simply it field strips. Remove the Mag and lock the slide back. Rotate the TD lever to six o clock position and release the slide and take it off the frame. Very simple to strip. There are a lot of good handguns out there but I am now a huge Sig fan. Gonna run some more rounds thru it tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Sig makes a great pistol. Don't have a 239 but I do have a P6 and a P220. Very enjoyable to shoot. You made a good choice in the Sig.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Well, the reputation of super-reliability is what has me sold on Glock. However...I do own a SIG pistol, and I can depend on it since I've put it through the paces I require. For the time being, it's the only 45acp pistol I own for my own reasons. I do think SIG puts out quality pistols, and they are accurate and solid so far as I know from my limited experience with my P220 SAO. All in all, and we all do what we must....I'm glad you've found a solid and reliable pistol for yourself. Be safe, and keep practicing!

VIP Member
    I have a P239 SAS (Gen 1) that I love. I carry my P228 more often, because it's not all that much bigger and gives me more rounds on board, but sometimes that slimmer grip is enough to make the difference in "concealability." The P239 is a great gun.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, the reputation of super-reliability is what has me sold on Glock. However...I do own a SIG pistol, and I can depend on it since I've put it through the paces I require. For the time being, it's the only 45acp pistol I own for my own reasons. I do think SIG puts out quality pistols, and they are accurate and solid so far as I know from my limited experience with my P220 SAO. All in all, and we all do what we must....I'm glad you've found a solid and reliable pistol for yourself. Be safe, and keep practicing!
    I was on the fence , either Glock 19 or the Sig 239 and I literally could have gone either way and been totally satisfied. Its like the gun shop owner told me: you can't go wrong with either. Glock 19 is definately on my next gun list.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I have a P239 SAS (Gen 1) that I love. I carry my P228 more often, because it's not all that much bigger and gives me more rounds on board, but sometimes that slimmer grip is enough to make the difference in "concealability." The P239 is a great gun.
    I saw a 239 SAS at Perry's gun shop in Wendell NC. I thought that it was a 9 and I was all set to buy it. When I got there I realized it was a .40 cal. so I passed on it. Really like the two tone SAS models though. Takes about 8-10 weeks to get the one apparently.

VIP Member
    I have a P239 and a P226, both in .40, I love shooting them both, and the P239 carries very easy IWB, and the P226 can also with the right holster. Congrats!

Administrator
    Great gun. Glad that you found an obvious "keeper."
    Time to go shopping for more magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    I was on the fence , either Glock 19 or the Sig 239 and I literally could have gone either way and been totally satisfied. Its like the gun shop owner told me: you can't go wrong with either. Glock 19 is definitely on my next gun list.
    Well, I found in the SIG for what I tried and didn't seem to find in the Glocks (at the time for my likings in the 45acp). I simply need the weight more comparable to the original 1911, and with the thumb safety in a single action since that is what I was trained with in the military. The blood runs deep at this point, and after I got out of the service, I sought something similar to what I'd been accustomed to and depended on. The new Glock pistols in similar caliber and with higher capacity really appealed to me. I just tried and tried to carry them in every circumstance like I do the lesser calibers in Glock pistols that I have to this day and couldn't make it happen any time I wanted. Plain for me to see, I like a single stack, single action in 45acp with the weight of an original 1911. Again...the blood runs deep, and the greater are we through our experiences. In turn, we know more about ourselves and who we are. Once you've found something that makes you complete...nobody can question it as you're firm in your foundation. You go for the Glock when you are ready. We've all been on the fence at one time. Whatever you feel is right by you, that's what you should do. I'm here to tell ya.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Congrats to the OP for the new P239. It should be one that you never consider "expendable". I too have the short finger syndrome, and my DA/SA P239 in .40 S&W is a perfect fit. Superb quality, great shooter, and totally reliable..... also pretty easy to carry due to the smaller grip

surv

I'm glad another person's joined the Sig fan club.

My suggestion, skip the Glock. They sound great on paper, but after you've owned a Sig...well there's really no reason to buy an inferior gun

The sig 239 is a gun I'd like to own! I've got a 229 in .357sig and it's the bee's knee's! Stay away from sigforum though.

Quote Originally Posted by DW Steve View Post
    Stay away from sigforum though.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Why?
    Yeah why? I tried to register there but they would not accept my e mail address. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    Yeah why? I tried to register there but they would not accept my e mail address. Oh well.
    I tried to register there at least 6 times...no good. Didn't like my email address, user name, password...always something. I then emailed the forum admin several times, no answer. After about 4-5 weeks, I tried to log on (just for the fun of it) and it worked! Of course, I no longer had a question to ask, found the answer on another forum. But now at least I can get in if needed/wanted.

Ceapea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links