Sight question

Sight question

This is a discussion on Sight question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought a Sig 225 and would like to change the sites. Has anyone used Siglite sites and if so how are they? Also ...

Thread: Sight question

Sight question

I recently bought a Sig 225 and would like to change the sites. Has anyone used Siglite sites and if so how are they? Also I can get a set with front nightsite and rear thats not. Has anyone used this setup? Seems to me it would be alot like a 1911 with black rear and colored front.

I've used them when they come from the factory on a gun from Sig. They're basically Trijicon sights as far as I can tell. They work and have options like you mentioned for color. I know a popular setup is yellow rear and green front cause the green stands out and you can get front sight picture more rapidly.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I had night sights put on my 220 as part of a package service deal and action job offered by Sig a couple of years ago. I called to make inquiry about one particular service, but got chatting with the rep on the phone and one thing led to another. My point is that you should give Sig a call and see what the possibilities are - I bet they're pretty flexible.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I talked to a local gunsmith- Bob at Predator Custom yesterday. He was telling me that Sig uses trijicon as their factory sights. I've seen the setup you mention, for myself- if its pretty dark- I need the rear night sights as well.

If I were attacked in a parking lot, it would be quick and point shooting (probably close.) If something went bump in the night and I was clearing rooms of my house, then I would want the sight picture.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

I have horrible eyesight without my contact lenses in, the SigLites (front and rear) on my 229 are perfect for indentifying the gun lying on the nightstand in the dark. If it were just the front, I would have a more difficult time.

If I were out and about and carrying, I'd be comfortable with just a front sight.

Links