My EMP in 40 S&W..

This is a discussion on My EMP in 40 S&W.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello peeps!went to the shop today to return my eotech(just decided i don't really need it)and brought my KAHR mk40(nice piece but i like my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My EMP in 40 S&W..

My EMP in 40 S&W..

Hello peeps!went to the shop today to return my eotech(just decided i don't really need it)and brought my KAHR mk40(nice piece but i like my cw40 better) just incase i find something interesting worth doing a trade, my plan was to trade the mk40 and the return the eotech for an XDm in 40 and maybe a CZ75b in 9mm becs i wanted a decent range gun that i can carry if i feel like it, so looking at the case and spotted the EMP 40cal, i used to own the EMP 9mm and that is one trade that i regreted, so anyway as soon as i saw it I knew my plan to get 2 pistol just went out the window, so long story short here it is..

2. Remove Ads

Don't forget to give it a thorough reliability test at the range and enjoy.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I purchased the EMP 9mm. last week. I haven't fired it yet but I'm already carrying it in a Galco Summer Comfort holster. It's a thing of beauty. Enjoy yours!

Gorgeous gun. I'd be curious to see how recoil is.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I purchased the EMP 9mm. last week. I haven't fired it yet but I'm already carrying it in a Galco Summer Comfort holster. It's a thing of beauty. Enjoy yours!
    You are a trusting soul; more than I would be, no matter what the brand.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    The first .40 I ever fired was the EMP, and I loved it. Still thinking about picking up either the EMP or the M&P in .40, as long as the S&W Model 60 with the High-Vis sites at my local Fun Shop would stop talking to me, every time I look at it.
    I am sick, but happy
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    Nice pics.
    Nice looking firearm

Okay, I pulled the pin,now what? Hey where Ya goin’ ?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Best purchase I ever did, the EMP 40. Great gun. If I could shave a few ounces off it, it would be with me always. Extremely accurate, recoil is insignificant, no hiccups with mine, trigger breaks just when I want it to.

I did have magazine problems and SA sent me two new ones. Other than that, it's a great gun.

Yes, If I can get my hands on the money I'll get the EMP 9. Nothing out there like it, as far as I'm concerned. You might be able to get a Kimber in 9mm, but I don't think they have a 40. With my experience with SA, I'll stick with them.

Enjoy.

Good looking gun, enjoy. I went with the SA XD40 SC, I love this weapon. Some have said the .40 is "snappy", I don't feel the recoil is all that bad. I do have a problem with the extended mag, the spring is weak and causes the weapon to Fail To Feed. You stated SA sent you a couple replacements, how did you go about that, telephone, or email?

Dave M.

Very nice!

I have my eye on a EMP .45...Let us know what it's like @ the range.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    Yes, If I can get my hands on the money I'll get the EMP 9. Nothing out there like it, as far as I'm concerned. You might be able to get a Kimber in 9mm, but I don't think they have a 40. With my experience with SA, I'll stick with them.
    Even a Kimber Ultra(officer size) in 9mm would only be a chambered down .45, so it would still have all the same size dimensions as a .45, but the EMP is built around either a 9mm or .40 in sized, so it ends up being noticeably thinner. And you're right, Kimber isn't offering a .40 right now.

just a side note... the .40 EMP is several ounces heavier than its 9mm counterpart, due to the .40 cal version having a stainless frame to accomodate the higher pressure .40 chambering. An in fact, the .40 EMP, although dimensionally smaller, weighs more than other aluminum framed .45s on the market (Colt Defender, Kimber Ultra, Springfield Micro compact).

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado View Post
    Very nice!

I have my eye on a EMP .45...Let us know what it's like @ the range.

Thanks
    Where? In your dreams?!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Even a Kimber Ultra(officer size) in 9mm would only be a chambered down .45, so it would still have all the same size dimensions as a .45, but the EMP is built around either a 9mm or .40 in sized, so it ends up being noticeably thinner. And you're right, Kimber isn't offering a .40 right now.

just a side note... the .40 EMP is several ounces heavier than its 9mm counterpart, due to the .40 cal version having a stainless frame to accomodate the higher pressure .40 chambering. An in fact, the .40 EMP, although dimensionally smaller, weighs more than other aluminum framed .45s on the market (Colt Defender, Kimber Ultra, Springfield Micro compact).
    Actually, The EMP is the first production 1911 9mm built from the ground up. As far as size goes, overall height is more imporant to me than length for concealabilty. My Kimbers are all around 5 1/2" H. with a magazine. The EMP 9mm is 4.8". The .40 should be the same.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I would never carry a gun that I don't know where it shoots or if it will shoot my carry ammo
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

+1000

Interesting question though:

What brand of gun would you "most likely" break that belief and carry without previously firing? Though I've never carried a gun I hadn't fired probably a couple hundred non-problematic rounds through, if I had no other choice, I would most likely carry a S&W revolver or a classic Sig -- even not having fired those previously. Why? Because I've never had a misfire in any of my S&W revolvers or Sigs. YMMV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links