HELP!

This is a discussion on HELP! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to purchase a CC any recommendations...light weight is a must. I'm only 5' and 110lbs, but can handle a gun very well. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!

Arrow HELP!

I am looking to purchase a CC any recommendations...light weight is a must. I'm only 5' and 110lbs, but can handle a gun very well. I currently own a Berreta .22LR and like the size of this gun, but looking for more knock down.

Thanks
    Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

When Republicans and Democrats finally go to war with each other...I'll be on the team with the guns.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    What is your level of experience?

What size gun are you looking for?

How will you carry it?

How much are you willing to spend?

Until you answer those I will genearlized with a KelTec PF9, a snubnose revolver in .357mag, and any one of the pocket size .380's (KelTec P3AT and Ruger LCP).
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Don't know what your price range is but take a look at S&W, Charter Arms and Taurus if you're interested in a snubbie. I've heard some good things about the Taurus 709 slim and the Kel-tec pf9/p11 too. Btw, welcome to the forum!!
    Last edited by cc9mm; April 5th, 2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: totally misspelled a couple of words
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: Hot Damn! What a Ride!

Gen3 G19
    Taurus TCP
    Ruger 22/45

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Tons of .380s on the market, which is about minimum for a self defense round.
    Ruger LCP, LCR, Kel-Tec P3AT, etc.
    After that, it's more up to the size of a Glock 26 (9mm) and the like. Very concealable, still lite.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Welcome to the Forum....a little more info please to help with your decision.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Welcome! As it has been said we can help with more info.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Welcome Aboard from Missouri

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    EMP in 9MM

Welcome to the board, I like your Signatures. Here is a place you might want to visit. Conservative Stronghold - Powered by vBulletin

The name says it all. There are a few liberal weenies there but there easy to spot.

Well, without knowing more about you, I would suggest a lgiht recoiling 9 or a 5 shot 38 special revolver like a S&W 642....I love my Kahr PM9, my wife loves her Sig P232 but 380 ammo is hard to come by and expensive...she also like a Glock 19...perfect combo of capacity and size.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Check out the Walther PPS. It comes in 9mm and .40, it is light weight and very slim. It is about 1.04 inches in width if you include the slide lock. 0.91 inches without.

The "best" gun is the one YOU like, not anyone else. It will be a compromise of:

1. Fit - It should fit in your hand like you were born with it there.
    2. Reliability - It should go BANG about 99.8% of the time you pull the trigger.
    3. Accuracy - In YOUR hand. It's how well YOU shoot it.
    4. Concealability - It should be comfortable enough to wear and easy enough to conceal so you won't leave it laying on the dresser at home.
    5. Cost - You don't want to scrimp on your "life protector" weapon, but you probably don't need a $1,000 Kimber, either.

Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!

Find a range that will let you rent different guns and give them a try before you buy.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    What is your level of experience?

What size gun are you looking for?

How will you carry it?

How much are you willing to spend?

Until you answer those I will genearlized with a KelTec PF9, a snubnose revolver in .357mag, and any one of the pocket size .380's (KelTec P3AT and Ruger LCP).
    I am experienced with guns. I also own a 9mm and will say w/out sounded full of it a damn good shot. And not just with the 9 all of my guns I also shoot a 270 deer rifle. I am not sure how I will carry it.. mostly will depend on the situation maybe in my purse or on my person. I am looking for a fairly small gun.

Thank you so much for your help

When Republicans and Democrats finally go to war with each other...I'll be on the team with the guns.

For most, I'd generally say just get a Glock and be done with it. Thing is.....you seem to strike me as a Kel Tec person. Don't ask me what it is, and why I came up with that, but it was in your words somewhere. I wouldn't lie to you. 9mm by the way, and welcome if I haven't said it already.

I'd rather not spend a fortune on it. perfer a rather small gun since my hands are small, like I said I am a petite person and will mostlikely be carring in on my belt or in my purse. I am fond of 9mm and I already have one just not liking the size for CC.

Thank you all for your kind help with my decision.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links