New 9mm CCW for better half - Page 4

New 9mm CCW for better half

This is a discussion on New 9mm CCW for better half within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DZcarry Who is the gun for? Is it for you or is it for your wife? It seems to me that you ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by DZcarry View Post
    Who is the gun for? Is it for you or is it for your wife? It seems to me that you are the one doing the driving here instead of her. It's her gun for her to carry on her hip. If she like the CW if it fits her hand then that is what she should get.

I hate to be so blunt, but the best thing you can do is butt out and let her make her decision. I'm sure your wife is perfectly capable of doing that.

The CW is a good gun. Yes, there is a break in period, but she should be shooting it and practicing with it anyway so that she can become comfortable with using it.
    We actually like consulting each other when purchasing our weapons. We never purchase hastily without investigation and this is all part of it. With her 10 years of prior service (Army) and 19 years of Law Enforcement...yes she can make decisions and can handle a weapon or two.

Last night we handled the 709 Slim, a P99C, the Kel-Tec PF-9 and PM. In the end she always came back to the CW. It fit good in the hand and the pattern on the grips were not too aggressive. It felt light and balanced. I think the CW will be the one!

Thanks

x1

me to with my cw9
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - Not everyone has to. I have 3 Kahrs (MK9, PM9, P380) and they have all been flawless out of the .

My advice if you buy a Kahr is to clean and lubricate it well before your first trip to the range. Take it apart, clean any residue left over from factory test firing and any other protective oil. Then use a quality lubricant on the rails. Then make sure you don't limp wrist while firing.

- Glocks. definitely have been flawless. . My only wish is that they were as small and light as my Kahrs.
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

+1 on the Taurus Slim.
    -1 on the Kel Tec. Their brutal to shoot.
    I just put a deposit down on a H&K P2000SK. The LEM trigger is unbelievable. I can't wait to get it, and take it to the range.
    If your wife is ex-LE this might be an excellent option for her. Plus from the web posts, they seem to shoot out-of-the-gate, no break in required. Not that much more than some of the Kahr's in price. Nothing against the Kahr, just another option.
    Another feature I like on the H&K is the follow up shot. By good trigger control, the trigger goes into what has been described as single action type pull. With 9mm, good double tap is almost a requirement of a small defensive weapon.
    Good hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    +1 on the Taurus Slim.
    -1 on the Kel Tec. Their brutal to shoot.
    I just put a deposit down on a H&K P2000SK. The LEM trigger is unbelievable. I can't wait to get it, and take it to the range.
    If your wife is ex-LE this might be an excellent option for her. Plus from the web posts, they seem to shoot out-of-the-gate, no break in required. Not that much more than some of the Kahr's in price. Nothing against the Kahr, just another option.
    Another feature I like on the H&K is the follow up shot. By good trigger control, the trigger goes into what has been described as single action type pull. With 9mm, good double tap is almost a requirement of a small defensive weapon.
    Good hunting!
    I like the H&K P2000. I know they use to have a sweet deal for LE. Not sure if that still applies. The next trip to the dealer should be our final one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links