Need advice in the right direction - Page 2

Need advice in the right direction

This is a discussion on Need advice in the right direction within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by friesepferd I know you didn't list it, but is there a reason your not looking at the XD40sc? That is a wonderful ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    I know you didn't list it, but is there a reason your not looking at the XD40sc? That is a wonderful little gun and I like them a trillion times better than the glock.
    I like the Glock 27, the M&P, and the XD40 SC. They all are similarly priced, good quality, and accurate. You can't go wrong with any of them.

I would note that the XD also comes with an extended magazine which increases the number of rounds to 12 and lengthens the grip area. Although Glock 27 does not include the extended magazine as a standard part of the package, a similar extended magazine is available on the market which will extend capacity to 11 rounds. The extended magazines for both the Glock and XD fit with an adapater which makes for an attractive grip which does not give the appearance of an add on. I understand that a similar extended magazine is made for the M&P, but I have not personnally tried one one the M&P.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Administrator
    I think if you are going to compare apples to apples, you ought to find two apples to compare.
    The M&P is in the same size category as the Glock 23. I'd compare those two models... and the 23 wins hands down.

But, if you want to stick with the 27 comparison, I'd still go with the Glock. Smaller, lighter same fire power, easier to work on, easier to get parts if needed, been around a lot longer and is proven.
    "Just blame Sixto"

IMHO, carry what you can shoot comfortably and well. Shoot both and then make up your mind. I own Glock, but prefer M&P to carry and shoot simply because I shoot it more accurately. My son is LEO and his agency has recently converted from M&P 40s to Glock 22, 40s. and he prefers the former. But he will carry the Glock because that is the only approved and supplied firearm. But you can guess what his off duty choice might be.

Borry a friends gun or rent at a range and shoot. We are like snowflakes and all different--just shoot something that you can best defend your family and yourself with.

I'd go with the Glock. They're easy to work on and you can get parts anywhere. Plus if you need to you can use G23 and G22 mags for reloads giving you higher capacity. Don't bother with any grip sleeves on the mags for the 23 or 22. All they'll do is pinch your finger when you're trying to reload in a hurry.

Does anyone have anything to say about a .357 sig glock?? o a .357 sig M&P??

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 40calbuck View Post
    Does anyone have anything to say about a .357 sig glock?? o a .357 sig M&P??
    .357Sig is a great round for self defense, however, it is an uncommon round and if you ever needed to buy ammo in a hurry it isn't a very easy caliber to find. Wal-Mart rarely carries it and a lot of guns/ammo shops don't stock it either.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I wonder why there are so many Glock look alikes? Try shooting the Glock. If it fits your hand and you shoot it well, go with the Glock. You will not be disappointed. They are 100% reliable, easy to maintain, easy to conceal in spite of the width, and dead flat accurate right out of the box. All the others are just more or less expensive imitations.

Genghis

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by genghis View Post
    I wonder why there are so many Glock look alikes? Try shooting the Glock. If it fits your hand and you shoot it well, go with the Glock. You will not be disappointed. They are 100% reliable, easy to maintain, easy to conceal in spite of the width, and dead flat accurate right out of the box. All the others are just more or less expensive imitations.

Genghis
    That's a bunch of crap and you know it. Glock is a great gun but it is no better than 90% of the new weapons offered today.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by 40calbuck View Post

Glock 27
    S&W M&P 40c

I love the .40 cal and I also like the way both guns fit in my hand, very comfortable. I'm just wondering from all your opinions which one is just a better firearm?
    The better firearm is the one you can shoot better. Not the brand that someone else loves for whatever reason. In Metro Detroit you have a lot of ranges where you can rent guns. I suggest you go to them and shoot both guns. Then pick the one you like best, and don't worry about what the rest of us tell you, you'll have made the best choice for you.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links