GLOCK rocked my world! Two New Additions!

This is a discussion on GLOCK rocked my world! Two New Additions! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've always been more of a Sig man, but I have had this nagging in the back of my mind...Try GLOCK...that just doesn't leave me ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK rocked my world! Two New Additions!

I've always been more of a Sig man, but I have had this nagging in the back of my mind...Try GLOCK...that just doesn't leave me alone. Now I know why. I rented a couple at the range and left with the two that fit my needs the best. I already know I will be adding to the collection.

I shot the 26 first and couldn't believe what was happening. First magazine grouped as well as my P228 (for me). When I tried out the 34, I believe the group was no bigger than a quarter for 10 rounds at 10 yards, slow fire. That's very good for me. Even better, I didn't really have to try to get back on target from shot to shot, it just happened easily and quickly.

A new 26 and 34 for me! I will be putting the 26 through the paces and plan for it to be my EDC. 34 will be HD and shooting matches when I finally get up the courage. Only "mod" as of now is that I replaced the adjustable sight for a fixed. I will probably get a mag extension for the 26 mags.

Congrats, my 26 is one of my favorites
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I love mine too. Welcome to the darkside.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Congratulations on your new Glocks. In a way, I almost feel it's a breech of proper etiquette to walk in on a convert, and say to them it's about time, or see what you've been missing all along. Know what I mean? On the other hand, someone converted realizes this in due time....and the fact that they now know what went wrong in the past, and how they've learned not to make the same mistakes again, wasting their time, energy, and resources seeking the truth. The important thing is......now you have found your destiny, and whilst you might think the search is over, it's probably just begun. Thing is....you've opened a new door, and it's exciting to do that. I've been where you are now. Hey...I actually own a SIG myself. Call it my one and only SIG, and I want for no more. I can't exactly call it a range pistol since I wouldn't have anything over 22lr simply for a range pistol. I carry it on occasion. Best thing to know is what makes you complete. Gearing up for battle is never an easy thing. Each time we find a means or method that enhances our chances on the battlefield, we add to our suit of armor. This day seems to be the day for you and what you've found to enhance your battle readiness. I hope the excitement never wears off, but if it does, be aware that you've hardened yourself a step further toward your days in the trenches that may come, and know you'll pick yourself up, out, and over the berm and head toward the line of answers, and the battle to be won. Be safe....and as always, Glock on!

GM
    Congrats! Glad you enjoy them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Wow, thats a nice pair of glocks you have there
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Very nice and I hope they serve you well!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member
    Congrats on your new toys.

Just wondering, why did you replace the adj sight for a fixed and which gun was that on? I am in the market for a Glock 19 and just saw today the option for adjustable sight which I had not seen before (am getting night sights but was curious about the adjustables).

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Congratulations on your new Glocks. In a way, I almost feel it's a breech of proper etiquette to walk in on a convert, and say to them it's about time, or see what you've been missing all along. Know what I mean? On the other hand, someone converted realizes this in due time....and the fact that they now know what went wrong in the past, and how they've learned not to make the same mistakes again, wasting their time, energy, and resources seeking the truth. The important thing is......now you have found your destiny, and whilst you might think the search is over, it's probably just begun. Thing is....you've opened a new door, and it's exciting to do that. I've been where you are now. Hey...I actually own a SIG myself. Call it my one and only SIG, and I want for no more. I can't exactly call it a range pistol since I wouldn't have anything over 22lr simply for a range pistol. I carry it on occasion. Best thing to know is what makes you complete. Gearing up for battle is never an easy thing. Each time we find a means or method that enhances our chances on the battlefield, we add to our suit of armor. This day seems to be the day for you and what you've found to enhance your battle readiness. I hope the excitement never wears off, but if it does, be aware that you've hardened yourself a step further toward your days in the trenches that may come, and know you'll pick yourself up, out, and over the berm and head toward the line of answers, and the battle to be won. Be safe....and as always, Glock on!
    That post is great! I do know what I've been missing out on now. I know generally when you get a new gun there is a certain amount of excitement; like a new girlfriend. However in this instance, I was really trying to prove my current selection of firearms was superior to Glock's offerings. Upon handling, I was converted. They flat out worked and worked accurately and comfortably. I actually feel more confident in my gun control and abilities after only a few hundred rounds with the Glocks.

I can honestly say that I have found what works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Congrats on your new toys.

Just wondering, why did you replace the adj sight for a fixed and which gun was that on? I am in the market for a Glock 19 and just saw today the option for adjustable sight which I had not seen before (am getting night sights but was curious about the adjustables).

Enjoy.
    The 34 comes with adjustable sights. I didn't like the way they looked while I was acquiring the target, and didn't feel comfortable with the fact they can be put out of alignment with the slight turn of a small screw. More personal preference than anything I guess, but the gunsmith did say that he didn't think the adjustable sights were very good and preferred the fixed as well.

That 34 looks impressive
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Glock on...you have begun a walk on the dark side...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice choices. I'm sure you will enjoy them.
    Randy

Well, now you've gone and done it!!!!!! Enjoy!

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get back to the range so I can carry this 26! I have a couple free tactical classes that I need to register for, as well as the Glock armorers course, so I am excited to really get to know these pistols.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links