Glock 19 Gen 4 - any retail sightings? - Page 2

Glock 19 Gen 4 - any retail sightings?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen 4 - any retail sightings? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey cammo girl, don't forget the adjustable backstrap for the smaller hands, as well, on the gen 4 Glocks. Will probably make the fit a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 4 - any retail sightings?

Hey cammo girl, don't forget the adjustable backstrap for the smaller hands, as well, on the gen 4 Glocks. Will probably make the fit a great one!!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I've only seen the Glock 4th gen.. in the 40S&W the G23 to be exact... it was at a gun and knife show but this is the link to the guys shop that it was at his booth.
    Home
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
    Hey cammo girl, don't forget the adjustable backstrap for the smaller hands, as well, on the gen 4 Glocks. Will probably make the fit a great one!!
    Roger that Rogerdodger.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    For me, the new slide release is MUCH more ergonomic due to my smallish thumb length. Quicker and easier than the smaller one on the G3. So, for that reason alone I will go for the Gen4 G19 whenever it comes out.

Now, if they have the RTF2 type of slide patterning with a new G19 Gen 4 that would be perfect.
    Do you mean mag release? If so, I expect that you'll be very very please with the Gen4 gun. It's much easier to reach than the release on the older guns. Also, I completely agree with you about the slide patterning. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid that will never be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss9 View Post
    Do you mean mag release? If so, I expect that you'll be very very please with the Gen4 gun. It's much easier to reach than the release on the older guns. Also, I completely agree with you about the slide patterning. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid that will never be an option.

she's referring to the curved slide serrations of the gen3 RTF2's.

Distinguished Member
    Opps. What an idiot (me). Yes, MAGAZINE release. I looked at so many guns yesterday and have been studying up on the literature. (that ambi SLIDE release on the HK is still dancing in my head)

And yes, I do like and have talked about the RTF2 serrations or indentations. For me, that is more user friendly.

So both things are better.

AND, being small handed, having an option for a smaller backstrap is only a plus. I see that some of the guys think it's a worthless option. Maybe Glock is trying to go for some of the female market, since I hear it is the largest growth area of the firearms world.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Opps. What an idiot (me). Yes, MAGAZINE release. I looked at so many guns yesterday and have been studying up on the literature. (that ambi SLIDE release on the HK is still dancing in my head)

And yes, I do like and have talked about the RTF2 serrations or indentations. For me, that is more user friendly.

So both things are better.

AND, being small handed, having an option for a smaller backstrap is only a plus. I see that some of the guys think it's a worthless option. Maybe Glock is trying to go for some of the female market, since I hear it is the largest growth area of the firearms world.
    go for it, cammo girl!

i traded my RTF glock 19 for the RTF2, and haven't regretted it at all. i too find the curved serrations easier to grasp, and the slightly smaller grip more ergonomic for my small hands.

I drove by Ed's today and they have a big sign out front Gen 4 in Stock, I have not been in the store as I spend too much money when I go in.
    They are a big Glock dealer and a lot of the GSSF guys get their guns online from here.
    Give them a call.

ED's Public Safety :: Welcome to ED's!

My dealer said the 19 hasnt even been put on the production line yet. Yet he seems to think it could very well be that they would be available next month. I really need the smaller grip and thats the reason Im waiting, and as much as everyone keeps talking about its not broke dont fix, if it turns out that theres no issue with the 9mm then the value of a gen 3-2 will most certainly drop.
    And this is what he told me, the price will be $30 more (its $529 for gen 3 in his store) to $559 but that they (Glock) will be including a third 15 round mag with it.

I just want a Glock, my fall back is 18 old (S&W 5903) and Im ready...

Quote Originally Posted by Balou22 View Post
    if it turns out that theres no issue with the 9mm then the value of a gen 3-2 will most certainly drop.
    No it won't.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

I held one, looked better in person than in the mag's...better fit on the backstrap....still, not a deal maker for me to add to my collection or change an existing one out for.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I have a gen4 17 and so far I love it. I only have about 50 rounds thru it. My wife loved the gen 3 19 for the longest time, she held the 17 and got a big ol grin. I think I may want to pick up a rtf2 19 soon. Hopefully before my re-qual.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Quote Originally Posted by Balou22 View Post
    My dealer said the 19 hasnt even been put on the production line yet. Yet he seems to think it could very well be that they would be available next month. I really need the smaller grip and thats the reason Im waiting, and as much as everyone keeps talking about its not broke dont fix, if it turns out that theres no issue with the 9mm then the value of a gen 3-2 will most certainly drop.
    And this is what he told me, the price will be $30 more (its $529 for gen 3 in his store) to $559 but that they (Glock) will be including a third 15 round mag with it.

I just want a Glock, my fall back is 18 old (S&W 5903) and Im ready...
    used gen 2's usually go for more than used gen 3's.....

I saw a GEN 4 19 at a gun show last Saturday for I think it was $499. The guy told me they made the GEN 4's in 9mm & .40 only at this time. No .45's yet.
    Luke 22:36 and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Distinguished Member
    Really? Or did you have some of those Oregon mushrooms for lunch beforehand?

I'll have to ask around again, thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links