Glock 19 Gen 4 - any retail sightings? - Page 3

Glock 19 Gen 4 - any retail sightings?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen 4 - any retail sightings? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No mushrooms, and I remembered the price because it was what I payed for my 3rd GEN 19 in 2004...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    No mushrooms, and I remembered the price because it was what I payed for my 3rd GEN 19 in 2004
    Luke 22:36 and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

The 19s will be out very soon. Think glock wanted to catch up on 23 production for a simultaneous release.

By the end of the month probably.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    I saw a GEN 4 19 at a gun show last Saturday for I think it was $499. The guy told me they made the GEN 4's in 9mm & .40 only at this time. No .45's yet.
    the gen 4 g19's aren't out yet.

you saw a gen 3 rtf2.

and they have been available in a limited run in .45 for quite a few months now:

Well the get in touch with Good Guys Guns in Medford Or. they had at least two, told me it was GEN 4's, so what ells can I say
    Luke 22:36 and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

i'm going to wait for a gen 4 26!
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

VIP Member
    If you are LE, Fire, EMT, First Responder, Military, Retired Military and live in Georgia or Texas you can purchase Glocks from GTDistributors.com.
    The Gen 4 Glocks are $398.20 which is LE pricing. If you do not live in those states they cannot sell you a Glock but can sell you other firearms at LE pricing.
    Hope it helps

Well the get in touch with Good Guys Guns in Medford Or. they had at least two, told me it was GEN 4's, so what ells can I say
    If it was a Gen 4 you'd know it right away. The differences are unmistakable. Most notably the mag release.

I'll be heading to a gun show down in South FL next month and I'll let you all know if I see anything interesting. If they have a Gen 4 G19 somewhere I'm getting it, but I don't think they will be available at that time and I'll settle on the RTF2 if I can find one of those. I gave my G19 to my father when I got my G23 and have since regretted every minute of it so I have to buy another.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Gen 4 G19

I have one coming, won it at a Glock match.

Wait for it everybody! Worth waiting for. Magazine release, bigger, and big improvement, grip adjustable, out the box is smaller. Should have done it years ago, the big one, new spring system, reduces felt recoil, fired Gen4G17, it does reduce recoil.

Plus an extra mag; these magazines work in all Glocks, but the left side ability to change to, great, but will only work with the magazines that come with it, you can see the slice in the back of the mag; shows the metal underneath.

Did you understand that messy sentence, the Magazine release can be swapped to the right side, for left handers.
    My buddy, a Cop in Canada, Duty Pistol a S&W .40, had the Armorer change the Mag; release to right side release, had him change it back, hated it! Been shooting left handed for twenty years, could not get used to the change.

Later.

there are a lot of guns shops that aren't sure what gen they have. glocks model naming is kinda confusing. my local haunt was calling the gen3 rtf2's the gen 4 for while too lol

The Store recently had a Gen 4 model 17 that came in used. Like brand new. it looked exactly like this one pictured: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...gen4-unveiled/
    I'm guessing the previous owner didn't like the feel/texture of the grip frame. i for one didn't see anything to flip my skirt over about the gun.
    It probably went out in the case for 425.00
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    I have one coming, won it at a Glock match.

My buddy, a Cop in Canada, Duty Pistol a S&W .40, had the Armorer change the Mag; release to right side release, had him change it back, hated it! Been shooting left handed for twenty years, could not get used to the change.

Later.
    1. Bragger. Nothing better than a "free" gun!
    2. My pistol has an ambi-mag release, and I (a rightie) find it as easy to press the release with my forefinger as with my thumb, with either hand. I'd think most lefties would do the same rather than invest more money in having a LH release. Kinda ruins the "what-if-my-right-hand-is-shot-off-and-I-have-to-shoot-leftie" debate.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    1. Bragger. Nothing better than a "free" gun!
    2. My pistol has an ambi-mag release, and I (a rightie) find it as easy to press the release with my forefinger as with my thumb, with either hand. I'd think most lefties would do the same rather than invest more money in having a LH release. Kinda ruins the "what-if-my-right-hand-is-shot-off-and-I-have-to-shoot-leftie" debate.
    Bragger me? Na-Na-NaNa!

I had a chance to handle the Gen 4 Glock 22 last January when I took the armorer's course. It was very intriguing. I especially liked the size of the magazine relase button and the feel of the gun with all backstraps removed. The Gen 3 full size guns just don't seem to fit me quite right which is why I settled in on a Gen 3 Glock 19. It fits like a glove. I can't wait until the Gen 4 Glock 19/23's become available to have a look at. I heard that they were having cycling problems on the Gen 4 Glock 17 due to the double recoil spring and may be going back to a single spring configuration. Anyone else hear the same?
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links