Under gunned - Page 2

Under gunned

This is a discussion on Under gunned within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We are all gonna DIE.....ok. I mean to read your post i come away feeling like you go out into a warzone everyday. Dont allow ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Under gunned

We are all gonna DIE.....ok. I mean to read your post i come away feeling like you go out into a warzone everyday. Dont allow "what ifs" to dominate your thoughts. this is how i see it if the SHTF and all i have is my pf9....oh well im going out with what i got and if i die.. well it was my time. I refuse to allow fear to control me. the odds that we will die in a car crash are much greater.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

VIP Member
    I felt this way about my j-frame for a bit, but don't anymore. I switch to the j-frame when it becomes t-shirt and shorts weather or my k-frame, and carry on reload, more than enough in my mind.

There is another way to feel safer - wear level II concealable light kevlar boday armor, i am thinking about buying one for going into high risk areas . I do have a home made vest out of an old PASGT vest which is roughly level IIA body armor when i wear a hoodie going into high risk areas like North Philadelphia. its easily concealed unde rmy hoodie cuz i cut off the shoulder pads and the 1 inch collar on the PASGT vest and added the shoulder pads for trauma plated inside the vest. hope this helps you when you feel undergunned.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Rollo: I know just how you feel.

I went from a 8 shot single stack PF9 to a 7shot P3AT 380acp because of conceivability.

Problem was solved when I took little gun to range and shot it in likely close to type defense setups.

Even used 3 targets drawing and double taped while retreating for distance.

If you can do your part the little gun can more than do its part.

Point is take your 709 out and enjoy it and get in touch with it and I believe you will loose the under gunned feeling.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe that mind-set and training are more important than the tools we use.

P.S. carrying an additional mag is also for malfunction clearance, besides a reload.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

It's amazing how we go from a self defense mindset to a warzone combat mindset. I think you are normal, but not allowing the reality of everyday life to remain in control. Like many gun enthusiast we read of shootouts and read magazines and forum posts to the point we begin to
    think we need an ar15 just to check our mail. While
    thisis fun and entertaining, we must remember our own reality and be realistic of our own defense needs. Don't let hype drive you nuts. You carry to enjoy your life and give you peace of mind, so don't lose it over unrealistic ideas.

Rollo, I usually carry my 10+1 ( sometimes 15+1) 10mm with my 5 shot .357 as backup when I am out in the back country but when I am running around town or whatever I do day to day I have my 5 shot .357 one or two speed strips and my .380 6+1 pocket gun. So 17-21 rounds total... about one of my G17 mags. I have been carrying concealed since 1991 and lived in some really bad parts of the country and I have never felt under gunned.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It's amazing how we go from a self defense mindset to a warzone combat mindset. .. Don't let hype drive you nuts. You carry to enjoy your life and give you peace of mind, so don't lose it over unrealistic ideas.
    Wow! Very well put!

Yes, I have trouble considering a 9mm. I don't figure I'll need the round count (no warzone midset here). But I feel more comfortable with either a .45 or a 3" .357. The .357 is the easy to conceal gun.

Ken

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    I feel perfectly armed with my Colt Commander and an extra 8 round Wilson mag with my trusty model 36 as a BUG. Lay down some cover fire, move quickly for cover and reengage using your sights.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links