Do I stand alone?

This is a discussion on Do I stand alone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gasmitty I think you might be ready for that quiet talk about St. John and his 1911... Don't mistake my love of ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I stand alone?

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think you might be ready for that quiet talk about St. John and his 1911...
    Don't mistake my love of Glock for a disdain of the classics. I wholeheartedly appreciate the 1911, and Hi-Power even. That being said....my agency authorizes Glock .40, and all my other carry guns are DA. Point and click guns are what bring home the bacon. I will have a nice hopefully custom 1911 someday. But for what I have in my hand EVERY day, I want it not to change until I hate the feel and function of it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'm with ya, I think the G4 Glocks ruin what was the best thing about Glock; No silly back straps and no goofy cup holders hanging off the side in the name of comfort. Its a combat pistol for Pete's sake. You dont build them for comfort.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I agree completely...
    I like my Glocks just the way they are now!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JT
    I'm sticking with gen 2 and 3.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I love my GLOCK 19 3rd gen RTF, but with all the GLOCK naysayers out there they obviously felt pressure to make some "improvements". I hope they see the light and keep the 3rd generation available although I'm sure that is what was said about the gen 1 and 2. If they could find a way to make adjustable grip angles there would be no excuse to not have a GLOCK, total assimilation of the world would be complete. I've not handled a Gen 4 yet, so the jury in my head is still out on the "improvements". One of the nice thing about GLOCK is the simplicity of their models, I don't know how I would feel if they offered all models with or with out plain grip, finger grooves, RTF, RTF2, GLOCK rail, slim frame, regular frame, straight slide serrations, curved slide serrations, etc, you get the idea.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    AMEN! thats why my gen 2 G19 has not been replaced and I bought it in the mid 90s. It is perfect.

Me, too. Bought my G19 in 1994 in Corpus Christi, TX.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Personally, I think there are some good things that come out of innovation. Features or changes that make an improvement are OK with me. I don't like change for change sake.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's never gonna end, is it?

What's the gripes about Glocks?
    The Glock grips are too big--feels like a brick--too slick--not made for lefties--yadda-yadda!

So Glock adds finger grooves and then comes out with the SF version for smaller hands. Very popular. Then they produce a new Generation with a grip the size of the SF, with the option of adding a different backstrap in two larger sizes for the bigger hands among us.

Glock produces a new RTF to counter the complaints of those who say they're too slick. Takes a couple of versions to get the texture right, but they do.

Finally Glock adds a reverseable mag release (the safety is pretty ambi already!)

People complain that Glock doesn't listen to customer input, so Glock makes all these changes.

And the gripes and complaints go on and on and on...

If you want a perfect firearm that has everything you could ever ask for, including the Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring, you need a custom firearm--and to pay for it.
    Otherwise, your stuck with a production model that tries to accomodate as large of the market as it can without making (simutaniously) Model A, model B, model C...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

sort of amen jwhite....... but i like the recoil spring on the gen 4. i already called glock if i can use it on my gen 3. they said yes but the compact is coming out late may.
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    AMEN! thats why my gen 2 G19 has not been replaced and I bought it in the mid 90s. It is perfect.

Ditto. The early Gen 1 and 2 versions of the G19 were far better, for me, than the newer ones. Now and then, I handle an oldie but goodie, and it's apparent immediately after my fingers curling around the grip.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I am perfectly happy with the Gen 3 too. I do have a 21SF but I only bought it because the price was too good to pass up.
    Quit messing with my Glocks

Glock makes lots of guns, and for a reason. What fits you doesn't necessarily fit me. Take for example my favorite rave, Kel Tec. I hate them. But, there are lots and lots of people who love them.

Let me say first off, I am very happy with my G26 and G23.

My next Glock they haven't produced yet. A single stack 9mm thinner than 1 inch. Several manufacturers are producing them, Glock only does the 45 in single stack. I predict with the demand and the number of CCW licenses being issued that we'll see one shortly. I hope!

I like my Taurus 709 Slim a lot, but, I think Glock could go one better. Like take the trigger off my G26 and put it on a Slim 9mm.

I am one of those people who like to take advantage of the latest design wonders. I stopped shooting black powder flint locks as soon as I saw a Colt.

After all, isn't guns on the 'bleeding edge'. A little humor! Not offensive to anyone, I hope. Not intended to be. With all the personalities on this site, its easy to offend someone.

A slim 9mm Glock would be sweet. I'd purchase one in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I like the 3rd Gen Glock...JUST THE WAY IT IS. Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!
    Mine are 2nd Gen's, but Amen on the no change needed.

Katana- "I'm quite happy with my 4th gen G17 so far, but I am waiting anxiously for the 4th gen G19. It's been eating everything I've fed it flawlessly so far"

That's not an exclusive 4th Gen trait, because so have my 2nd Gen's and I've fed them a much more diverse diet
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

I think its time to rwmind Glock of K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid. I am about to pick up a Gen 3 G19 myself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links