Do I stand alone?

This is a discussion on Do I stand alone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jsunsr My next Glock they haven't produced yet. A single stack 9mm thinner than 1 inch. My feeling is, if they haven't ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I stand alone?

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    My next Glock they haven't produced yet. A single stack 9mm thinner than 1 inch.
    My feeling is, if they haven't done it by now, they are never going to do it. It's not like they're hurting for business. The G36 was notoriously unreliable when it first came out and, to date, that still is Glock's only single stack pistol. Perhaps they're "gun shy" with trying another single-stack design.

That said, the polymer Kahr P9 (and variants) IS the slim single-stack 9mm that Glock never made. Look at how close in design they are to a Glock. The slide and internals are almost identical down to the backplate. In fact, Glock sued (or threatened to) Kahr and they had to change design features so it wouldn't be so close in design to the Glock. Kel-Tec should have taken that lesson to heart when Ruger flat out copied the P3AT with their LCP, but... Oops... Unlike Glock, George Kellgren, the founder of KT, never copyrighted a single design so he had no legal leg to stand on...

2. Remove Ads

I like the Kahr's Size and weight. Price not so nice. Trigger, well last time I tried one I thought it was tooooo looooong. They must have changed that because it definitely is not the trigger off the Glock.

But having fell for the Taurus, I think I may go back and reexamine the triggers on the Kahr's. The Taurus is long in a manner of speaking but once you find the sweet spot it's great. Maybe I was too hasty with the Kahr's.

jwhite75, IMHO Glock is doing what is needed to stay relevant. Rivals have copied the reliable, durable,simple thing and added a few extras. Many faithful Glock owners are buying XD's, M&P's and the like. There are many people like myself who cant stand the feel of Glocks and now are taking another look due to the new upgrades. I do agree they should continue marketing the base models strongly. ~Tradition is the enemy of innovation.~

what's all the whining about? If you like the new ones, buy the new ones, if you liked the older ones better, buy the older ones. I don't see what the big deal is.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

AMEN! i bought my glock because its simple. the more stuff you add the more stuff that can go wrong.
    DONT FIX IT IF IT AINT BROKE!
    Glock 19, Trijicon Night Sights, Hogue Slip on Grip & 124gr Gold-Dots
    With an Adam's Holster Texas IWB Holster (Cowhide w/ Ostrich Trim)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    what's all the whining about? If you like the new ones, buy the new ones, if you liked the older ones better, buy the older ones. I don't see what the big deal is.
    "Whining" to some. Noting the distinctions and stating preferences, to others.

No big deal. Preferences vary.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Buy the M&P and don't worry about the 4th gen.
    You know what? I am a Glock fan big time and after actually holding and dry firing a Gen 4, I would have to agree with this statement completely.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    From the perspective of a revolver man, this is true to an extent.

Sooner or later, they will quit making the original models and leave the public with just the newer generations, so it's good for the public to raise heck with them once in a while to keep the originals around.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    All of this stuff about RTF this... interchangeable backstraps that....Leave my Glock alone. Or give me the option to buy it "original recipe". I dont want Rough Texture, to wear a hole in my suits and dress shirts when I carry on duty. I dont want a new back strap...I like my little black polymer wonder just the way it has been for over twenty years. Quit mesing with things just because other companies are doing it, don't "keep up with the Jones" when you are already the lead dog in the pack. I like the 3rd Gen Glock...JUST THE WAY IT IS. Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!
    then just stick with whats good for you...I dont think there is a shortage of 3rd gen Glocks out there lol. plus they will probably be more affordable anyways... and for guys like me that Glocks dont fit my hands stock it opens Glock up to more/new people that didnt/wouldnt use them B4. Right now ive not tried a new Glock...but the ONLY Glock id bother buying is the Glock 36 because its the ONLY one that fits my hand...but now the changeable backstrap ones MAY work(dont know and am not in a rush to find out to be honest).

/endthread
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post

/endthread

Yeah...except that it's no where as comfortable to hold! At least not for me. I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me.

Ceapea
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

I'm keeping my 3rd Gen. 19, 27 and 36. I say no thanks to the fancy RTF's and whatever else. Mine work great.

I have to agree. I'd like to get a G19 as my first Glock, but the finger grooves are way off for me and what has always turned me away.

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    I have to agree. I'd like to get a G19 as my first Glock, but the finger grooves are way off for me and what has always turned me away.
    Look into a Gen2 G19...no groves and pretty much the same gun. A lot cheaper too.

Ceapea
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Amen..have a 3rd Gen(circa 2000)G19....LOVE IT and not changing up for any RTF model.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links