Do I stand alone?

Do I stand alone?

This is a discussion on Do I stand alone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All of this stuff about RTF this... interchangeable backstraps that....Leave my Glock alone. Or give me the option to buy it "original recipe". I dont ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I stand alone?

Do I stand alone?

All of this stuff about RTF this... interchangeable backstraps that....Leave my Glock alone. Or give me the option to buy it "original recipe". I dont want Rough Texture, to wear a hole in my suits and dress shirts when I carry on duty. I dont want a new back strap...I like my little black polymer wonder just the way it has been for over twenty years. Quit mesing with things just because other companies are doing it, don't "keep up with the Jones" when you are already the lead dog in the pack. I like the 3rd Gen Glock...JUST THE WAY IT IS. Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I like the 3rd Gen Glock also, but I think the RTF2 is the best grip I have ever felt on any handgun.

No complaints with 3rd Gen Glock and have not tried the RTF to have an opinion.

But I don't chase every new upgrade or gadget out there. I pick my firearms carefully for what is going to fit my needs and then tend to stick with it.

I did spring for some XS Big Dot's on my XD9sc and have been really happy with them. I'd like them on a few other guns but I'm not running out to get every new trick or upgrade that comes down the pike.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

AMEN! thats why my gen 2 G19 has not been replaced and I bought it in the mid 90s. It is perfect.

Amen. The grip fits me fine.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

VIP Member
    Buy the M&P and don't worry about the 4th gen.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Buy the M&P and don't worry about the 4th gen.
    Too bad the M&P doesn't have a G19/23 size...they have a full size, like a G17/22 and a compact which is about where a G26/27 sits. I like the mid size.

I think a lot of people are disappointed in the Gen4 as it doesn't really redesign the wheel as it were. Maybe expecting too much? I'm personally quite happy with my gen3 and if I were in the market for a new pistol I might consider a Gen4. I don't happen to like the texture on the frame but i suppose it's something one can get used to.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I like my Glocks the way they are. I thought about getting another 19 Gen 3 in case they stop making them down the road- which I hope they don't.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

I approve.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    I like my Glocks the way they are. I thought about getting another 19 Gen 3 in case they stop making them down the road- which I hope they don't.
    Ha! I was thinking the same thing.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I like the 3gen vs 4th gen
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    All of this stuff about RTF this... interchangeable backstraps that....Leave my Glock alone. Or give me the option to buy it "original recipe". I dont want Rough Texture, to wear a hole in my suits and dress shirts when I carry on duty. I dont want a new back strap...I like my little black polymer wonder just the way it has been for over twenty years. Quit mesing with things just because other companies are doing it, don't "keep up with the Jones" when you are already the lead dog in the pack. I like the 3rd Gen Glock...JUST THE WAY IT IS. Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!
    I think you might be ready for that quiet talk about St. John and his 1911...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Well, allow me to be the voice of dissent.

I'm quite happy with my 4th gen G17 so far, but I am waiting anxiously for the 4th gen G19. It's been eating everything I've fed it flawlessly so far (which has only been Federal 115 grain fmj, WWB 115 grain fmj, and Cor-Bon 115 grain +P jhp), but I would like something a tad smaller for ccw duty.

Bought it used at a gunstore who had gotten it from a GI who was shipping out and couldn't bring it with him. I was looking for a 3rd gen G19, but just couldn't let myself pass up the deal on that almost brand new G17. I like the new rtf finish, the adjustable backstraps, and the new larger mag release.

But to each their own, I suppose.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

kpw
    I'm kinda in the middle on this one. I like the 3rd Gens just fine but most of the 4th Gen changes aren't bad. They are still very much a Glock and I'm happy they didn't change them too much.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links