Defensive Carry banner

Glock 26 vs PPS

9K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  SirLingPing 
#1 ·
Well it is about "fixing" to be summer in Texas. It's summer here much of the year! I have a Glock 19 and Crossbreed Super Tuck holster. Should get my CHL soon, completed the paper work. I suspect I will ultimately find conceling the 19 a bit difficult. I wear dress slacks with dress shirts, or dockers, of jeans, or shorts. Seldom a coat or suit. So I have been thinking of the G 26 without mag extention or a PPS. Have been doing a lot of reading on various forums. Bottom line is a can buy a new 26 for $400 or PPS for $570. But the PPS will require some additional investment-6 rd mag and new front site (#3 I assume) together with additional tax resulting in approxiately $300 more for the PPS. I will have an opportunity tomorrow to handle both. I trying to determine if there is "justification" for paying $300 more for the PPS. Like how difficult is it to "justify" another handgun:danceban: I've started collecting some pants and shorts 2" larger for stuffing the 19 IWB, but the grip still looks to me to be difficult to conceal under a Polo type shirt. The 26 while just as thick has a much shorter grip, actully shorter than the PPS, but the PPS is much thinner. Decisions:aargh4:

#2 ·
I have a G23 and a G27. The G19 and 23 are not hard to conceal at all with untucked shirts. I carry my 23 in the summer with med sized polos with no problem. The 27 is even better. I carry IWB in a C-tac. As long as Im untucked I can carry the Glocks comfortably with no problem with any attire. I dont see how the PPS could be any better. Now if you must dress in Dockers tucked in I would look at a pocket pistol such as a LCP.

#3 ·
I like my 26. I carry it with a Sleeved G19 mag to make it a 16 shooter, OWB. If I drop it in a pocket then I put the 10 round mag back in. If I am at the range I use the G17 mag with the Sleeve to fill in the gap and make it a full griped Pistol 18 shooter.

#4 ·
The PPS in 9mm is much narrower than the Glock. That makes it more concealable in my opinion. I've had both, and now the Glock is gone.

#5 ·
I have both and the glock is now a safe queen. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just so much easier to carry my PPS because it's so thin. It's also much more accurate for me as well. The only thing the glock has that I miss is a few more rounds.

Spend the money on the PPS, get a Supertuck and you'll never look back.

#6 ·
I live in Texas, and my G26 is my hot weather gun (late Spring, Summer, early Fall, etc). Works great. Easy to conceal with shorts and an untucked shirt.

#7 · (Edited)
The PPS will become your all time favorite carry pistol in no time at all. It disappears under even the lightest clothing and rides invisibly on my hip all day & night. Right now Walther is offering an additional free mag (mail in offer) when a new PPS is purchased. I have both the 9mm and the .40 but since the 9mm came into my ownership first it get the most carry.

I was just at the gravel pit the other day and it never ceases to amaze me how that pistol digests ANYTHING that it gets fed. I even had a ziplock baggie of mix-n-match ammo and even mags full of that stuff was 100%. I love my Walther PPS and would not even consider swapping out to carry my Glock 27. If I would ever need to get the 9mm PPS serviced I would roll with the PPS .40 until it came back. It is my all time favorite polymer carry pistol.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...&storeId=10002&catalogId=13102&content=755504

#8 ·
I conceal a GLOCK 19 all year round here in southwest Kansas. I've recently started considering a GLOCK 26 with pinky extension for a slightly easier conceal. I think the length of the GLOCK 19 grip is great for all around use but the GLOCK 26 would be that much easier to conceal. I don't think thickness is the issue. I know nothing of the Walther PPS line. I do know that if GLOCK were to make a slim single stack 9mm pocket pistol I would be on that like white on rice.

#11 ·
If you already have a Glock 19 the 26 makes sense.

I carry both at the same time when I'm not working. BTW: it's hot here. :smile:

Biker

#12 ·
First post

I've had my PPS now for a month, my TCP for 2 weeks and i am carrying it in a Comp-tac MTAC. Best holster i've owned. Thin, easy on / off, well built and light. I can carry my PPS all day and totally invisible.

The Kahr is nice, but it is SO light, it may not be fun to shoot at the range. My PPS is just heavy enough to shoot all day.

I've had/have several double stack pistols and holsters, I don't like carrying a thick double stack. If i was a LEO it would be different. I would rather carry my 1911 than my double stacks.

A coworker likes my PPS so much he ordered one and is picking it up tomorrow.

#13 ·
The PPS is much slimmer. I compared it to my XDSC at the store. The mag release kept me from buying the first time I held one, but I jacked with it long enough at the store to figure it out. Hopefully I will have some pics in a couple of days. I decided I could get the PPS and the G36 for approx the same price as a 1911.

#14 ·
I have to say that I like the euro mag release more than the standard 1911 style. On my PPS I leave my trigger finger on the frame, and reach down with my second finger and release the mag. I dont have to change my grip at all. Its simple and intuitive. I have 2 M&P's that i love and a GLOCK 36 and my EDC is the PPS. Its so thin that it can be concealed with no printing at all. I usually dress in slacks and a dress shirt or polo and it disappears with either my C-Tac for Supertuck. I assure you that if you try it you will love it.

Did i mention over 800 rounds and zero FTF or FTE and its more accurate than my 36?

#17 ·
The 26 all the way. Don't forget you can use your 19 mags in a 26. It just makes sense to me, for you to go with the G26. It's your choice in the end.

#18 ·
I like the PPS and the G26 is good too. Ideally, I would go with a PPS for thickness. It makes a difference.

But I've looked around for holsters and such for the PPS and you will be hard-pressed to find some. For that reason alone, I would choose G26.

#20 ·
I don't think you could to wrong with either one.

If thickness is not a big issue then I'd say get the 26. Can use your 19 mags when needed and you'll have something smaller to conceal as long as you can conceal the thickness.

If thickness is a larger issue then get the PPS. It's my EDC and I have never had any problems and just disappears IWB.

#21 ·
curses the shop I'm going to in the morning is backordered on the PPS. It caters to LE and I qualify due to agency I work for. That's why I got the G 19 for $400. They are having a one day in store sale on some LE trade-ins and they will have some G26s. If the price is super cheap I may not be able to resist. I think long term I would get more CC use out of the PPS. Have to try to use reasonable restraint in the morning.:image035: Got to go by anyway to exchange a belt.

#22 ·
For that price I would get the 26. Its the perfect companion to your 19. Then later you could add the PPS if you think it would conceal better. Then you have both.

#24 ·
I, too, had to decide between the G19, G26 and the PPS. I chose the PPS for its ideal grip and dimensions. It's so much easier to conceal with my office dress and weekend Tees. I think the choice of 6,7 and 8-round mags is brilliant as you can customize the gun for the occasion: 6-round for very deep concealment and maybe pocket, the 7-round for regular EDC IWB duty and the 8-round for max grip comfort and capacity. The Glocks just feel too chunky and print much more... though their functionality is legendary. The G26 grip feels like it needs another 1/2 inch in length. I was a bit concerned at first about PPS reliability problems reported on other forums but in the end it appears that these were confined to early production units and the no. of incidents was relatively small compared to the numerous flawless reports from other owners. So, for me, the PPS wins by some margin for CC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.