Shined the striker locking plate on my XD9SC

This is a discussion on Shined the striker locking plate on my XD9SC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I also ordered a red striker spring guide from the XD Guys. I wish someone made aftermarket striker locking plates for the XDs like they ...

Thread: Shined the striker locking plate on my XD9SC

Shined the striker locking plate on my XD9SC

I also ordered a red striker spring guide from the XD Guys. I wish someone made aftermarket striker locking plates for the XDs like they do for the Glocks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

Personally, I think it looks a little out of place due to the lack of other silver parts. If it had some other silver accents it would look good. I prefer an all black gun though.

It would be cool if someone made striker plates for it though.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post
    Personally, I think it looks a little out of place due to the lack of other silver parts. If it had some other silver accents it would look good. I prefer an all black gun though.

It would be cool if someone made striker plates for it though.
    The barrel and the front of the recoil spring are polished as well. MY XD45 has all the small parts polished but I just haven't gotten around to doing it on the subcompact. Tonight I will put the finishing touches on it with a mirror polish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here is a pic of the barrel and guide rod polished

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    The barrel and the front of the recoil spring are polished as well. MY XD45 has all the small parts polished but I just haven't gotten around to doing it on the subcompact. Tonight I will put the finishing touches on it with a mirror polish.
    That sounds cool happen to have any pictures?

EDIT: you beat me to posting pictures and that does look good!!!

How hard was it to polish? I've got the exact same gun.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Come now you don't want all those etched, polished and non functioning parts for the XD do ya?

I added a solid rod to add some weight up front and TruGlo sights cause they are bad ***

The proof is in the puddin
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post
    That sounds cool happen to have any pictures?

EDIT: you beat me to posting pictures and that does look good!!!

How hard was it to polish? I've got the exact same gun.
    I'll take some tonight of the XD45 with everything polished. I followe dthe instructions in the below threat to do all the polishing. Very easy if you have a dremel.

the offical everything to do with polishing thread - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think that looks really sharp!!...Nice work...got me thinkin' now...hhmmmm..

both of my XDs are done (XDsc-40, XDm-40). now u need ur mag release done. I put the XDm one in my XDsc, and bought a extended one for the XDm.
    Springfield XDm-40
    XDsc-40

Id like to fly...but my wings have been so denied!!!

These look like decent guns, never shot one, just can't get into knock offs. Maybe I'll run across somebody with one, shoot it, and it will change my mind. these have a glock trigger and a 1911 style grip safety right?

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    These look like decent guns, never shot one, just can't get into knock offs. Maybe I'll run across somebody with one, shoot it, and it will change my mind. these have a glock trigger and a 1911 style grip safety right?
    Pretty much. And you really shouldn't call them "knock offs". The 4th generation Glocks have interchangeable backstraps and ambidextrous magazine releases like XDm's and M&Ps, so are they knock offs?

If you see a picture of a glock, a XDm, and an M&P, can you tell the difference? I think you can clearly tell a difference, thus not really a "knock off".

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    actually the trigger and the grip safety look similar but operate very very differently.

In a 1911 the grip safety directly contacts the trigger bar to prevent the trigger from being pulled.
    In the XD the grip safety blocks the sear from retracting.

In the Glock the safe action trigger system pulls the striker back before releasing.
    In the XD the striker is fully back and the trigger only operates the sear to release the striker.

To call an XD a knock off Glock makes as much sense as calling a Dodge truck a knock off Ford truck.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think it looks good!

Seems you have the overall knowledge to take items apart on your XD. Have you considered installing the slimmer aftermarket slide release lever?
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    Seems you have the overall knowledge to take items apart on your XD. Have you considered installing the slimmer aftermarket slide release lever?
    No. I like the OEM slide release for this gun. I have detail strippe dbooth my XDs once for a full cleaning. It really isn't that difficult. The mag release is the hardest part.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Links