XDM for EDC???

This is a discussion on XDM for EDC??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Knightrider Get the glock. You already know how it works and you can use the full size mags on your 27. The ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XDM for EDC???

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Get the glock. You already know how it works and you can use the full size mags on your 27. The Xdm just look plain ugly to me and the 3.8 looks even worst IMO
    the glock has way too much recoil over the XDm...and the XDm also looks better, holds more rounds, has more safety ftrs, better sights, easyer to fieldstrip, better grip.
    Springfield XDm-40
    XDsc-40

Id like to fly...but my wings have been so denied!!!

2. Remove Ads

Get the glock. You already know how it works and you can use the full size mags on your 27. The Xdm just look plain ugly to me and the 3.8 looks even worst IMO

i agree. i'm don't enjoy the xdm's aesthetic qualities either, although some do.

what i can't understand is why they would shorten only the barrel on the xdm 3.8, when the more challenging part of a pistol to conceal is the handle.

the 3.8 strikes me as being a rather pointless design alteration.

I like the 3.8 XDm. I'd say, if you like it, go for it

The handle is no longer than a 1911. If a person is determined, they can dress for any pistol, with a proper holster.

The XDm is going to be heavier than the G23, so the recoil ought to be more manageable. I agree, that reducing the barrel, but not the handle, does nothing for concealment. But, this pistol is very well balanced...

And remember...beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by larebel View Post
    I've clicked on 2 threads today and in each you bash XD..
    Thats because XD and M&P are better guns and actually fit peoples hands better...... :)

GET THE XD m !

oh yes!
    I have the XDM 4.5" 9mm. I would most certainly carry tieh 3.8"
    I think the XDM is a great gun and way better than the glock. go for it!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I agree, that reducing the barrel, but not the handle, does nothing for concealment.
    It should clear faster when drawing, no?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    It should clear faster when drawing, no?
    ...And would make for a more comfortable appendix or cross draw piece, as well be good for horizontal shoulder holster carry.

I think maybe the best thing for me to do is go rent one; of course I doubt they will let me carry it around for a day or two... Gun show is in a week I will see what the prices are like there. A stainless around here is $729. Which is about $100 higher than buds, not including tax. Both of those prices seem high for a poly gun. $700 will buy an AR

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I think maybe the best thing for me to do is go rent one; of course I doubt they will let me carry it around for a day or two... Gun show is in a week I will see what the prices are like there. A stainless around here is $729. Which is about $100 higher than buds, not including tax. Both of those prices seem high for a poly gun. $700 will buy an AR
    I bought my XDm 3.8 9mm Stainless from CDNN Investments for $562 shipped to my FFL.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

I carry an XD9 service model (4" barrel), which is about the same size as the XDm. It conceals decent in a don hume IWB. The grip is a little long and prints sometimes depending on the cant of the holster. I always carry with an untucked, loose cover shirt and it works out ok.
    I do love my XD.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

I carry an XD9 4" every day. I love it, its comfortable and its a nail-driver.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

I've carried a 4.5'' XDm quite a bit. If OWB, I use a Blackhawk Serpa. For IWB I have a Comp-Tac MTAC that works great. I have a buddy that carries a 4.5'' XDm in a VMII with good results. Don't worry about the nay-sayers, the grip on the XDm isn't hard to conceal effectively with the right gear. If you like the 3.8, I say GO FOR IT!
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

WOW CDNN has amazing prices. I've never heard of them but doubt I will be buying any more guns locally.

VIP Member
    I think a trip to lens crafters is in order! I love Glock's, but they are ugly.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

there's an xdm 45 coming out soon. wonder if it'll be the same size as the 40/9 xdm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links