XDM for EDC???

XDM for EDC???

This is a discussion on XDM for EDC??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I EDC a glock 27 OWB, I am thinking of getting something bigger, maybe a Glock 23. But I really like the 3.8" XDM .40. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XDM for EDC???

XDM for EDC???

I EDC a glock 27 OWB, I am thinking of getting something bigger, maybe a Glock 23. But I really like the 3.8" XDM .40. Longer handle and more weight than the 23, but seems better made ... anyone have any experience carrying the XDM everyday?

All I'll say is that it's got a bigger grip to hide and that the trigger is nowhere near a Glock trigger so you'll have to re-train yourself.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I EDC a glock 27 OWB, I am thinking of getting something bigger, maybe a Glock 23. But I really like the 3.8" XDM .40. Longer handle and more weight than the 23, but seems better made ... anyone have any experience carrying the XDM everyday?
    I carry an XD9 SC and my son in law carries an XDM .40 so we have compared them side by side. The conclusion? Not much difference from a carry point of view between the two.

You can make your own comparisons with the Glock but, for me, the ergononmics of both carrying and shooting favor the XD all the way. I am not Glock bashing here in any way - they are what they are. I just feel that the XD and the XDM are both better carry pistols.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I just bought a XDm for my EDC. I went from a full size 1911 to a Glock 27 and now the XDm will be my carry. I bought the 3.8 in 9mm. I haven't carried it yet waiting for my holster to be made but would imagine it'll carry like a 1911 only a little lighter.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

The grip safety scares me, it's like a 1911 only not as wide. If the gun is not held perfectly correct it won't fire. Does anyone else see this as a problem or am I over thinking it?

The grip safety scares me, it's like a 1911 only not as wide. If the gun is not held perfectly correct it won't fire. Does anyone else see this as a problem or am I over thinking it?
    Even a baby can press the grip safety in on an XD. It's really that light of a "pressure switch".
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Even a baby can press the grip safety in on an XD. It's really that light of a "pressure switch".
    This is very true. The grip safety really is a none issue to me on the XDm.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

You're over thinking it. I've got a regular XD and have never had a problem with the safety. Unless you grip the gun so low that you don't contact the safety at all (like, 1" - 1.5") it'll be disengaged.

As to the size, it really depends on how you dress. On the weekends, I carry a P220 Carry (same size, just a touch thinner). I carry it in a OWB pancake holster under a T-shirt and an unbuttoned dress shirt. I could conceal with with just a T-shirt if I used a good IWB holster.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

get a glock or m&p.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    get a glock or m&p.
    I've clicked on 2 threads today and in each you bash XD..

I'm a big XD fan. I have an XD9sc, and am looking at the XDM. The 3.8" is kinda wierd to me though. Great. It's got a shorter barrel, but long grip. The grip is the hard part to conceal. I dont get it. That pistol would be just as concealable with a 4" or 4.5" barrel. The grip safety is a non issue. You wont even notice you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by larebel View Post
    I've clicked on 2 threads today and in each you bash XD..

i never bashed anything.

i simply reported my person experience with an xd on another thread, only after being prodded to by several members.

on his thread, i simply recommended the M&P or Glock. no more, and no less.

......so what are you talking about?

only 32 posts and you're already making unfounded (not to mention rude) accusations?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    i never bashed anything.

i simply reported my person experience with an xd on another thread, only after being prodded to by several members.

on his thread, i simply recommended the M&P or Glock. no more, and no less.

......so what are you talking about?

only 32 posts and you're already making unfounded (not to mention rude) accusations?
    I don't CC yet because i'm 20, so not much to post on here for me. Sorry it just pisses me off.
    I do like the M&P my friend has though.

Quote Originally Posted by larebel View Post
    I don't CC yet because i'm 20, so not much to post on here for me. Sorry it just pisses me off.
    I do like the M&P my friend has though.

no prob my friend.

relax, i read posts that are really bashing guns that i own on other forums, but it doesn't bother me.

as long as you like what you have, that's what counts

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Get the glock. You already know how it works and you can use the full size mags on your 27. The Xdm just look plain ugly to me and the 3.8 looks even worst IMO
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links