S&W Sigma for $310.00 - Page 4

S&W Sigma for $310.00

This is a discussion on S&W Sigma for $310.00 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up the Sigma 40 yesterday, and shot it today...I am very glad that I went with this gun. Obviously I can't do a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: S&W Sigma for $310.00

I picked up the Sigma 40 yesterday, and shot it today...I am very glad that I went with this gun. Obviously I can't do a side x side test (yet) with the Glock, but I can tell you that it shoots like I thought that it should. At 30' I was able to consistently group under 4.5"-5.0", off hand. Sometimes better than that. I don't think that is too bad for a new gun (new caliber too) the first time out. 175 rounds and no failures of any kind! That's nice to see from a new gun also. As for the trigger, it is long, but I don't think that it is too heavy. It will just take some getting used to (like any gun/trigger) as far as length of pull and point of let-off. I did find that my point of impact sometimes changed, but the group stayed tight. One round of 5 would group on the bull, the next might group as nicely at 4 o'clock just off the rings. I'm sure it was something that I was doing wrong as it was intermittent. Anyway, I will continue to practice with it and things should only get better. I did do some water/expansion testing too. One .40 PDX1 went into the 4th gallon jug, opened up to just a hair under 3/4" and it opened to a perfect mushroom...very symmetrical. I also shot a .45 Golden Saber (opened to just over 3/4") a 9mm GS (2hairs under 3/4") and a .380 Critical Defense at 1/2". All very nicely shaped. It was pretty cool and I got a bit wet shooting at 15'.

Ceapea
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    You are not venturing into the unknown. The Sigmas are the same as your Glock except with a stiffer trigger, which can be lightened, and a better grip.

I have a 40ve and a 9ve. They are very comfortable for carry.
    I agree about the grip. I use a Hand-all grip on both of my Glocks because they move in my hand when shooting. I did not have that problem with the Sigma, though I may still put on a Hand-all, I love Hogue grips on almost any gun.

Ceapea
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    They sell more Sigmas than Any other Gun, If It was as bad as At.S&W40 sais, They would discontinue the SIGMA As
    Far as the guns are easy to work on yourself If you have a little
    Knowlege about gun they are GREATT Guns for the $$ &
    get use to the trigger that is'nt That bad & is a CC GUN
    It helps that they unloaded a ton of them on the Afghan Police and Army.

Where they are breaking, and malfunctioning, and being in general, a POS.

I'm not saying you all's Sigmas are not great guns for you, I'm just saying they are not up to Military and Police applications. Their problems are well-documented and legion.

JT
    Guess I'm a little late here, but I would take a used Glock over a new Sigma. $365 at Summit gun Broker.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Glock_22.html
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Guess I'm a little late here, but I would take a used Glock over a new Sigma. $365 at Summit gun Broker.

Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.
    I like the price, but I cannot see myself buying a gun that I cannot see/hold before purchasing it.
    That being said, a friend of mine bought a "used" LE ordered G22 two days ago, with the case, all the accessories, 3 mags and never registered with Glock. It was verified by Glock cust svs that a police dept purchased the weapon(s), didn't use them (there were 2 at the time he bought it) sent them back to Glock and they sent them to Gander Mtn. And G. Mtn. has to sell them as used. He paid $490.00 and put 15 rounds through it and didn't like the RTF2 grip. It is absolutely new! He will sell it to me for $450.00. All I have to do now is decide if I want a 2nd .40cal so soon. I do like the Sigma quite a bit, but like I said in an earlier post, I like the idea of having different sized guns in the same caliber. The Sigma is a lot like the G23 and that would go nicely with the G22. I would have to make payments on it though.
    Decisions...decisions.

Ceapea
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    I like the price, but I cannot see myself buying a gun that I cannot see/hold before purchasing it.
    That being said, a friend of mine bought a "used" LE ordered G22 two days ago, with the case, all the accessories, 3 mags and never registered with Glock. It was verified by Glock cust svs that a police dept purchased the weapon(s), didn't use them (there were 2 at the time he bought it) sent them back to Glock and they sent them to Gander Mtn. And G. Mtn. has to sell them as used. He paid $490.00 and put 15 rounds through it and didn't like the RTF2 grip. It is absolutely new! He will sell it to me for $450.00. All I have to do now is decide if I want a 2nd .40cal so soon. I do like the Sigma quite a bit, but like I said in an earlier post, I like the idea of having different sized guns in the same caliber. The Sigma is a lot like the G23 and that would go nicely with the G22. I would have to make payments on it though.
    Decisions...decisions.

Ceapea
    I got the same deal on my G21. Suhaweeet! A brand new, unfired "used" gun....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links