Defensive Carry banner

Opinions on used XD45 acp compact.

4K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  Some1Any1 
#1 ·
I was nosing around at a used gun shop and found a used xd45 for $330. The apperance is nice with no major scrapes or scratches. However, the clerk was not sure on how many rounds has been through it. He gussed less than 500 had been through it.

The gun apperas nice, but Im curious/ cautious as they have a used g22, but they want $499 for it and it has a lot of wear on it.

Opinions please

#2 ·
XD's are great guns IMHO just as good as any other guns, but in some places they are not as well known so the price reflects it. I would get one for that price !!! Here where I live, used XD's go for $400-$450 or more. The compact is nice also as you can also use the full size magazine. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

#5 ·
I have an XD .45 Compact and probably have shot close to 1000 rds through it...it still looks like new. These are tough guns. Ask the dealer if you can field strip it and look over the inside for excessive wear.

$330 is a very good price and as VBVAGUY stated it carries easy with the 10 round flush mag. 11 rounds of .45 ACP is a very good defense. The 13 rd mags give you a little more grip if you have large hands.

#9 ·
constantly jammed with any type of ammo, horribly inaccurate. sold it at a $200 loss after SA told me it would be 6-8 weeks to get it back.

never had any issues whatsoever with the subsequent glock and m&p 45's that i purchased.

#15 ·
weird, i've put 2500 rounds through my XD9 service and have yet to have my first malfunction :confused:

and its just as accurate as my sig

#10 ·
That's a good deal. If you want one, you won't get a better price.

#11 ·
Don any manufacturer occasionally makes a lemon...I think you got one. You're the first person I have ever heard of with that kind of issue. My XD9sc has had, oh, 4000 rounds through it with ONE FTF, and that was from a squib reload and not from the gun. I have a XD40c that has had about 2000 rounds through it with no feed issues of any kind. Those are far more common stories than yours; that said, I understand you wanting to get rid of that piece!

To the OP: Ask to field strip it (takes about 5 seconds...). If everything looks good that is a pretty fantastic price. XDs will generally fire thousands of rounds before needing any kind of significant smithing, so if it looks good it is.

#23 ·
that's certainly true, my friend.

i know i got a crapper. maybe i shoulda just sent it to springer to two months, but i only had 3 months free range time with the purchase, so i sold it and bought something else. it actually felt better in my hand than my m&p. :smile:

#12 ·
$330 is a deal if you are in the market. I'd pick it up quick.

#13 ·
XD's are great my friend has one ive shot it in .45 and he also has a Police trade in .40 S&W..the .45 was just as accurate as the Glock his brother has but the grips were MUCH better than the Glocks...both the Glock and the XD exhibited ZERO malfunctions in over 100 rounds of range fire with FMJ practice ammo... so no malfunctions, just as accurate as the Glock and better grips..whats not to like?

#16 ·
XD 45 for $330? Id be suspicious.

#18 · (Edited)
I cc a SA XD40 SC every day of the year. Never had an issue with it, mine is very accurate and will shoot anything I put into it.

I carried revolvers all of my life, and when I decided recently to get a semi-auto I had decided on a Glock 23, but when I got to the store and held it in my hands I purchased the XD instead. I think I made a good decision.:bier:

Forgot to answer your question. I'd buy the XD 45 and if necessary you could replace any worn parts and still have an inexpensive gun.

#26 ·
My XD-45 is still my favorite gun. If I saw a used compact for $330, in good condition, I would jump all over that. I wish they made the .357SIG in compact. I have been extremely impressed with the XD line. I don't know what Don Glock is talking about regarding accuracy. My XD shot all 13 rounds of the first magazine in a 2 inch group in the bullseye right out of the box. It is a great gun by a great manufacturer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.