G23 & XDsc picture comparison

This is a discussion on G23 & XDsc picture comparison within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been sizing up my recent acquisition, ( it's not my fault, I was peer pressured into it ) a Glock 23. Comparing it to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been sizing up my recent acquisition, (it's not my fault, I was peer pressured into it ) a Glock 23. Comparing it to my XD sc:

Notice that the only difference in height is about .25". The floor plate of the Glock magazine. Also note the high bore axis of the XD and comparatively short handle:

Here's the XD sitting on top of the Glock:

You can see that the difference in size, as far as height conceal-ability, is negligible.

Here's one showing the taller slide of the XD:

And so, the venerable Glock joins my CCW rotation:

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Nice guns. I had intended to purchase the Glock 23, but when I got to the store and held them in my hand the SA XD 40 SC felt better, so I purchased it instead of the Glock. Just personal preference on how they fit my hand. I love my XD.

Dave M.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I own both as well. I prefer to carry the G23 it seems to ride my hip tighter than the XDsc.

Ok I'm gonna say it. Don't flame, me I only make this comparison based on the height/bulkiness of the slide and the upper frame. I don't own either of these 2 pistols but the pics comparing one of them to the GLOCK just triggered something... That huge slide/frame profile of the XD reminds me of the Hi-point pistol profile, anyone else? I'm not knocking the XD, other than being black I'm sure there is not much else comparable between it and the XD.

But anyway...crazy how the compact GLOCK is almost as compact as the sub-compact XD, thanks for the pics.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I own both of these gun, not these exact two but one of each. The XD is a anchor compared to the Glock when fully loaded. Of course my XD is a 45c so it is going to be heavy. Lets just say you know it is there. The G19/23 frame in my opinion is the perfect size carry gun for the average sized person. If you are over 6' you can usually get away with carrying a full size gun.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the XD, I love mine I am just comparing the two with my opinion.

I like all 3 of your carry guns ..I had a Glock 23..its grips were horrible so it got traded..it was however 100% reliable. Currently the only glock that fits in my hands right is the Glock 36.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Ok I'm gonna say it. Don't flame, me I only make this comparison based on the height/bulkiness of the slide and the upper frame. I don't own either of these 2 pistols but the pics comparing one of them to the GLOCK just triggered something... That huge slide/frame profile of the XD reminds me of the Hi-point pistol profile, anyone else? I'm not knocking the XD, other than being black I'm sure there is not much else comparable between it and the XD.

But anyway...crazy how the compact GLOCK is almost as compact as the sub-compact XD, thanks for the pics.

no in not a single way does it remind me of a hi point.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No knock against the reliability, function, or fit of the XD, but that two-tier slide is butt ugly. But hey, if it's what puts a smile on the face, load it up!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I would be interested to see what holsters are interchangeable for those two.

I have two XDs and a G23 is one I would like to have. Would be nice if the holsters I have would work.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't know how you can take a picture of two filthy pistols. Especially when one of them is a G23. It's bugging me!

That is all.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Thats why I bought a G27 over the sub-compact XD. The XD is not very "sub-compact."
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    I don't know how you can take a picture of two filthy pistols. Especially when one of them is a G23. It's bugging me!

That is all.
    ?

I'm not sure what you're saying. The XD needs a good cleaning, I know; but maybe my sarcasm meter is off today
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Wormy

Now you tell me! That was my discovery about the XDsc. It shoots great but is hard to CCW. That is why I bought the CW9 Kahr. Thin, compact, reliable! Great photos.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

All of the major manufacturers are trying to put out Glock like pistols with limited success.

Genghis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No knock against the reliability, function, or fit of the XD, but that two-tier slide is butt ugly. But hey, if it's what puts a smile on the face, load it up!
    Isn't that like calling the kettle black?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links