Boberg share what you know?

This is a discussion on Boberg share what you know? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can we keep a thread going with updates on what info. anyone can pick up on the Boberg. Looks really interesting. At least there are ...

Thread: Boberg share what you know?

Boberg share what you know?

Can we keep a thread going with updates on what info. anyone can pick up on the Boberg. Looks really interesting.

At least there are some engineers out there still working on inventiveness instead of more-of-the-same.

If we can get a quality, self defense weapon that is ultra concealable, with good power, we'll all have one in our pockets. Except maybe the guys on the S&W revolver forum. Just joking guys don't come looking for me.

2. Remove Ads

I would love to hear a range report if or when someone picks one up....just in case anyone was as lost as I was here is the home page: Boberg Arms
    Last edited by hk45c; April 9th, 2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: pirates

The Boberg web site, itself, seems to be pretty up-to-date with changes. At least, they've done pretty well so far.

I'm also very interested in the idea of the "shorty" pistol. 7rds of 9mm in something no bigger than the Ruger LCP. Particularly if it's highly reliable, it's got my attention.

That $1300 MSRP is an earth-shaking price, though. Who knows if they'll be able to keep it down as low as the purported $860. Street price on new Kahr PM9's are ~$525-575 or so. Boberg had better be able to match that, else they are going to have a tough time breaking into the market, being the newbie on the block.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The size and recoil is what I'm enthused about. Looking at their site, it appears it may be a little thick. Not a deal killer if the length and weight allows pocket carry. We'll have to wait and see what rolls off the assembly line.

What I'm looking for is a 9mm pocket carry. I have the Taurus Slim and it's very good, but, always room for improvement. If I can pocket carry my box of holsters can go in the basement. I'm an old guy and with a few exceptions, the holsters push on my arthritic joints and make carrying painful after a few days of doing so.

Someone suggested Perry suspenders, and with them I can carry a lot in my pockets without too much trouble.

Probably more than you want to know but I think a discussion of what, why, and how at least have helped me learn quite a bit from the gun enthusiast forums.

I'm going to seriously consider one of these, after they've been out for about a year or so to work out any bugs.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    TLooking at their site, it appears it may be a little thick. Not a deal killer if the length and weight allows pocket carry. We'll have to wait and see what rolls off the assembly line.
    The Boberg web site shows 0.95" thick, on the XR9-S. That's fairly thin. The Kel-Tec P3AT is 0.77". The Kahr PM's are at 0.90". The slimmest 1911 I know of is the STI LS, at 1.07" across the grip panels. About as thick as the Kahr PM9. In the right holster, it should be able to disappear IWB or pocket.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I am keeping an eye on this one too.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

I'm seriously interested but not as a beta tester. I wish the weight of the "Shorty"was leaned out just a bit.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Links