Defensive Carry banner

Boberg share what you know?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  semperfi.45 
#1 ·
Can we keep a thread going with updates on what info. anyone can pick up on the Boberg. Looks really interesting.

At least there are some engineers out there still working on inventiveness instead of more-of-the-same.

If we can get a quality, self defense weapon that is ultra concealable, with good power, we'll all have one in our pockets. Except maybe the guys on the S&W revolver forum.:wave: Just joking guys don't come looking for me.

#3 ·
The Boberg web site, itself, seems to be pretty up-to-date with changes. At least, they've done pretty well so far.

I'm also very interested in the idea of the "shorty" pistol. 7rds of 9mm in something no bigger than the Ruger LCP. Particularly if it's highly reliable, it's got my attention.

That $1300 MSRP is an earth-shaking price, though. Who knows if they'll be able to keep it down as low as the purported $860. Street price on new Kahr PM9's are ~$525-575 or so. Boberg had better be able to match that, else they are going to have a tough time breaking into the market, being the newbie on the block.

#4 ·
The size and recoil is what I'm enthused about. Looking at their site, it appears it may be a little thick. Not a deal killer if the length and weight allows pocket carry. We'll have to wait and see what rolls off the assembly line.

What I'm looking for is a 9mm pocket carry. I have the Taurus Slim and it's very good, but, always room for improvement. If I can pocket carry my box of holsters can go in the basement. I'm an old guy and with a few exceptions, the holsters push on my arthritic joints and make carrying painful after a few days of doing so.

Someone suggested Perry suspenders, and with them I can carry a lot in my pockets without too much trouble.

Probably more than you want to know but I think a discussion of what, why, and how at least have helped me learn quite a bit from the gun enthusiast forums.

#6 ·
TLooking at their site, it appears it may be a little thick. Not a deal killer if the length and weight allows pocket carry. We'll have to wait and see what rolls off the assembly line.
The Boberg web site shows 0.95" thick, on the XR9-S. That's fairly thin. The Kel-Tec P3AT is 0.77". The Kahr PM's are at 0.90". The slimmest 1911 I know of is the STI LS, at 1.07" across the grip panels. About as thick as the Kahr PM9. In the right holster, it should be able to disappear IWB or pocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.