Glock 33

This is a discussion on Glock 33 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've searched and I've found articles talking about this particular gun but I haven't seen the answers I'm looking for, or else I've missed them. ...

Thread: Glock 33

Glock 33

I've searched and I've found articles talking about this particular gun but I haven't seen the answers I'm looking for, or else I've missed them.

I'm thinking about getting a G33 for my new carry gun but am not sure yet. I want to know how bad is the recoil on a gun like this since it's so small? I've never owned a gun that shoots that round, but currently own a .38 special, 9mm, .40S&W, .45 acp and wonder where that falls in line.

My usual carry gun for now is the G26 and I love the size and feel, just want a round with a bit more punch. I would also love to be able to target practice with the new gun fairly regularly without having to "brace for impact" on something with a large kick. My hands aren't weak, but I have to type a lot for my job and can't have a bruised wrist or fingers if I go out and shoot a couple hundred rounds one day.

Any first hand knowledge would be great, or a suggestion for another gun will also be helpful. Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Ads

No issue with mine. Easy to shoot and accurate. I wouldn't consider it a target pistol per se. I love the .357 sig round. I've never had any pistol bruise my fingers or wrists. No bracing for impact either, It's only a 120+ or 140+ grain bullet.

since you already have .40, i'd go with the g27

My .02 = I would also go with the G27.
    The recoil seems the same as .40 to me (with a louder BANG). The .357 Sig has it's fans. I think using 9mm +P or +P+ generates the same velocity & ballistics.

I don't see alot of .357sig ammo around, so that's why I say G27.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

Thanks for the info on the recoil, that was my largest concern simply because of the size of the gun. I don't figure I'll be hopping to the range every week with it, but enough to stay comfortable and accurate with it.

I thought about going with the .40 since I already have some rounds for it and it's a familiar caliber for me. Though around here for me at least it's been harder to find the .40 of late. I always see the .357sig rounds at the local shops and at Walmart. I guess for me it comes down to wanting a different type of round than what I already have.

I'll have to find out which gun is available around here since their costs should be the same.

357SIG is nice, but I tend to carry my G23 more often than the G33 now.

Recoil isn't bad. I can control it quite well (enough I feel comfortable enough carrying it daily).
    Knowing is half the battle.

I love my G-33. Very accurate for such a small gun. I think about all you are going to notice is that it's a bit louder than any of the others. The recoil is about the same if you shoot the other calibers regular. ( or it is to me anyway) Anyway it's a great round. I like it so much I am purchasing a G-32 barrel for my G-23 (40 cal) All I need is the barrel, the 40 cal mags work just fine with the 357 Sig. round.

As much as I love my G33 I really don't see how you gain much of anything with 9 rounds of .357 over your current G26 with 10 rounds of a stout +P 9mm. There are some awesome +P 9mm rounds out there now that are right there with the 357.

@thinktwice, thank you for your input, that's what I was wanting to know.

@jbabbler, the reason for the possible switch that I didn't mention in the beginning is that my wife is hoping to take the class and get her license this summer. She might be taking the 26 for her use and if she does then the 33 was the option I was thinking about. Something new and different, no sense in having two of the exact same guns imo.

So... What did you decide?

Quote Originally Posted by rikochet View Post
    @thinktwice, thank you for your input, that's what I was wanting to know.

@jbabbler, the reason for the possible switch that I didn't mention in the beginning is that my wife is hoping to take the class and get her license this summer. She might be taking the 26 for her use and if she does then the 33 was the option I was thinking about. Something new and different, no sense in having two of the exact same guns imo.
    jbabbler has a good point and so do you, but here's one thing to consider if and when the wife carries. If both of you carry the 26, then you have 20 rounds between the 2 guns and if you each carry a spare magazine, another 18 rounds if a great big pile of SHTF happens. Plus she would be proficient with the 26 just in case she has to use yours. 9mm is probably easier to find and less expensive than .357 sig.

One nice thing I found about going from .45 acp to 9mm for my EDC. My wife doesn't carry but if I go down she'll be able to handle my 19 better than she would my 1911.

And since when is there anything wrong with 2 of the same GLOCK?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

G33? I say go for it although you might be better off with the G32 if you go 357SIG on the Glock. I'm still on the fence with a new Glock myself, and I actually want one in a caliber that's not so available in my neck of the woods, and that's either a 45G.A.P., or a 357SIG. I've found a home in the G27 for carry....I don't think I'll even attempt to get another Glock in a sub compact in a different caliber actually. IMO...if you don't go with a G27 and want the 357SIG, try the compact G32 before you decide on a G33. It may save you some time and ammo.

Links