Sig p250

Sig p250

This is a discussion on Sig p250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my friend has decided that the SIG P250 fullsize is the pistol he wants, but he likes the option of swapping it to the ...

Thread: Sig p250

Sig p250

So my friend has decided that the SIG P250 fullsize is the pistol he wants, but he likes the option of swapping it to the compact for concealed carry. He's concerned about the gun being too fragile with the swapping if he does it often.

Our gun range has the P250 2Sum package for about $715, but he thinks he might be better off getting the fullsize and compact separate.

Opinions?
    Knowing is half the battle.

I'm sure the system will hold up well and he should have nothing to worry about. IMHO, the 2Sum package is the way to go, in this case.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I agree with Boricua, and will add that he should check this website out, so he can see how easily the FCU comes apart and goes together should he ever need it, not that I ever did or anything, of course!

It can seem delicate. but it's actually even more simple than a glock...

I got the 2Sum two weeks ago, after finding it on GunBroker from a local dealer. Took it to the range and the first shot with it was a dead center bullseye on the target I was aiming at from 10 yds, no lie.

Comes with one magazine each for full size and compact, 17 rnds and 12 rnds, respectively, in 9mm.

Both models shoot well, but the full size is a joy to shoot!!!

The only problem is, I want two firing mechanisms so I don't have to switch them out when I want to carry the sub compact.

Cheers!

After re-reading the OP, I should add switching out the firing mechanism is a relatively simple task. With care being taken not to bend any springs, it shouldn't be a problem even with frequent take downs. I've done it several times at the range and home with no difficulties, in fact, getting easier with practice.

I bought a 2SUM a couple of months ago. I've swapped the fire control unit between the two chassis on many occasions without any serious problems. Sometimes the trigger bar slips out of place. The trick is to be sure you're pinching it from the sides.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I bought the 250 9mm compact at a gun show, and really like it. I liked the sub-compact as well, which I fondled from the 2 sum package, but none of the dealers at the show had a sub-compact. I ordered the sub conversion kit from Sig which would take 6 weeks on back order.

I subsequently decided to relieve myself of a firearm which for some reason, I never could develop a positive feel for (a safe queen). My LGS had one supplier with a 250 sub in stock. So, I traded the safe queen, ordered the sub and called Sig to cancel my order on the conversion kit. Now I will have two complete units, one for summer carry and one for winter carry. The difference after the trade was $154.

If your friend has a need / desire for the full size, the 2Sum is the way to go price wise. In the end, I spent a little more, but have two complete units, which if I ever want to sell, I'm certain it would have more resale value as a complete gun.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

good gun,simple and reliable....but looooong reset. trigger pull is long but pretty smooth. its extremely accurate as well,its a sig after all. not a bad gun but just like a shorter reset,

Sponsored Links