Defensive Carry banner

Broke down and did it

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  pete950 
#1 ·
I'd been looking and thinking about adding a CZ 82 to my line up of CZ's. Was at the Richmond gun show and found one there. Couldn't resist, broke down and bought it. Now to shoot it and break it down for a Duracoat treatment.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Looks like you got one of the older thick baseplate mags and one newer thin base mag. The thicker one was actual miltary issue and are a bit more robust. They are more attractive when inserted in the grip than the other one if I may say, IMHO. Enjoy

I skipped the Richmond show. How was it?

#9 ·
It wasn't too bad. Of course I prefer the shows at the Showplace over RIR. RIR shows seem to cater more to collectors that the Showplace. Pretty decent selection of ammo available, but prices were nothing to write home about.

#10 ·
Whatever trips your trigger. Congrats to you for finding something you wanted, will enjoy, and get you shooting more. Can't put a price on that. Best of luck with your new pistol! Keep shooting!

#13 ·
Just finished DuraCoating a CZ-82

Hey, Archer, I'm also USAF Retired. (1991):bier:

I am amazed at how nice a pistol the -82 is. Other than shooting a tad low, it's better than my G30.

I just finished DuraCoating my CZ-82. Completely disassembled it. First attempt on the slide was a disaster; it peeled off! I think I've got it straightened out now. I did Stainless Steel frame & slide, Matte Black trig, safety, slide release, mag rel, and hammer. First time using DuraCoat and airbrushing, so I expected some problems. Putting it back together (several times!) was a trip!:ticking:

I'm waiting for grips from Marschels. I liked the thumb rest and finger groove version but thought it might be bulky for CC. Just got the reg grips with CZ logo. The grips are gray-stained ash, so they should go pretty well with the S/S. Will post pics when the grips arrive.

I'm thinking of getting another for my Navy (what can I say?) son, who's in Dubai, and having his name, rank, EOD and Diver badges engraved on the slide. I think I'd go with matte blk frame/SS slide for him (SS is a lot of work).

Enjoy your new (old) CZ!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.