G 19 vs. G26 grip size question - Page 2

G 19 vs. G26 grip size question

This is a discussion on G 19 vs. G26 grip size question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; get the 19,easy to conceal and 15+1....keep a 17rd mag for backup. much more comfortable to hold than the 26....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G 19 vs. G26 grip size question

get the 19,easy to conceal and 15+1....keep a 17rd mag for backup. much more comfortable to hold than the 26.

Very nice comparison photo's Fred!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Very nice comparison photo's Fred!
    +1... thanks

Glock 26 with finger extension is almost the grip length of the G19, but the G19 has a better sight radius and longer barrel.

*sigh* the question for me is, which one do i get FIRST?

LOL probably the 19....

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    *sigh* the question for me is, which one do i get FIRST?

LOL probably the 19....
    Ideally the G19. I started out on the short end myself quite some time ago. The compact frames are generally just as concealable as the sub-compact frames for the Glocks. My G27 is still a favorite carry, but it has become more dedicated in the roll as the G23 seems to be the perfect size in a perfect pistol for me (remember...Glocks aren't perfect for everyone...just those with the combat mindset). After owning Glock pistols for over a decade, my most recent two were the compact versions...G19 and G23. If you start with the compact Glocks, you may find little need for a sub-compact to fulfill the same roll. I'm just sayin'. Anyway...Glocks rule, so climb aboard. Kool aid is best served cold just when you thought there might be no relief from the heat. By all means.....Glock on!
    G19 and G27 comparisons:

I have the Glock-36 and the Glock-26...I added the Pearce 'pinky' extension without extra rounds...just enough grip.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The G26 looks fatter I think because of where the "hump" sits. That's the little rounded part on the back of the grip. I don't know the technical name for it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by tex4711 View Post
    Hello to everyone on this forum. I'm thinking of making the leap into the "Glock-Koolaid" and buy one for EDC-CCW. Nothing is final about my choices but I did have a question: I understand that the length/height of the G26 grip is smaller/shorter vs G19. But it sure looks like it's also wider/fatter... or is that an optical-illusion? I do not have the change to compare them side-by-side so any input would be great.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Illusion, they are the same..the 26 though unless you get a adapter your pinky will NOT be in the grip it will hang off in space..with the 19/23 you can get a full grip.

Here is a pic of my EDC- Glock 26 with a Glock 19 mag and an A&G Mag spacer, this makes the grip identical to the Glock 19... The 26 slide is just a little bit shorter than the 19 still.

I use the stock 10 round mag when I ankle carry

I have both, 19 and 26....but a friend, who works at a gun store said something to me that made a lot of sense, although I did ignore him!

He said, having a 17 and a 26 makes sense, vastly different, but having a 19 then getting a 26 makes no sense, that are not THAT MUCH different...and I see his point, but I ignored him. I truly think that if I tried hard enough, I cold conceal the 19 without much more work than the 26, so maybe he is right in that I spent an extra $500 + for not much of an improvement in CCW....I am never against having another one for the collection, but if you think about what he said it makes some sense.

So, having said that, I would buy the 26 "first"...then maybe a full size 17 or a differnet brand all together "next".
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

LOL, what he said does make sence....

but for me, the 17 would sit at home. too big for me to conceal..

26 has a 10 rd mag with a picky extention brings it to the same size as the 19...so IWB i'd rather have a 19 w 15 rds.

for me, i gotta have that picky holding on to something...

the 26 if i bought it would be for the purposes of pocket carry or ankle carry, when i can not IWB carry..

but i think i'll still go with the 19 first

Nobody did catch what tex said. He had a chance to shoot a 26, and a G23. If you liked the 23 better than the 26, well guess what. The G23 is identical as the 19 except for the caliber, which by the way the G19 shoots a lot smoother than the "snappy" 23.

Glocks........You gotta have them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbahoundog View Post
    Nobody did catch what tex said. He had a chance to shoot a 26, and a G23. If you liked the 23 better than the 26, well guess what. The G23 is identical as the 19 except for the caliber, which by the way the G19 shoots a lot smoother than the "snappy" 23.

Glocks........You gotta have them ALL!
    Thanks bubba; since if figured out(from the great people on this forum) that the grips are the same in width and only the length/height is less then I'll go with the g26 and have the best of both worlds. If I need a little extra grip I can always add a larger mag/ extension. I do realize the sight-radius is less but it's a EDC-CCW gun for close-range.
    Thanks
    Steve

I have both 19's and 26's. My EDC about 75% of the time is my 26 over the 19. For me, while they are not that much different in size, they carry MUCH differently. First off, I notice the weight difference at the end of the day. Any yes, I carry in a Sparks VM2 with a Wilderness belt. The biggest difference for me between the 2 is when I have to bend at the waist. The 26 really dosent print at all, but I have to be very mindful of how far I bend vs. take a knee to keep the 19's baseplate from printing. I also can shoot them both equally as well with a slight edge going to the 26.

Good luck!
    -Drew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links