CZ75B Vs. S&W 5906

This is a discussion on CZ75B Vs. S&W 5906 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any opinions on these two? I have owned several CZ75's all were fantastic accurate pistols, never a hiccup, although the grip was ...

Thread: CZ75B Vs. S&W 5906

CZ75B Vs. S&W 5906

Does anyone have any opinions on these two? I have owned several CZ75's all were fantastic accurate pistols, never a hiccup, although the grip was always a little large for my hands. I have several 3rd Gen Smith's also accurate reliable pistols. How does the 5906 grip compare to the CZ75 grip?
    Thanks for your help, Mike

2. Remove Ads

Just out of curiosity because you mentioned the 75B grip being large, have you tried the P-01 or PCR? The trigger reach and grip length are shorter; quite a bit, actually.

I have both of these guns and would say the CZ75 grip is a little more user friendly. My hands are kind of big however so either one works fine for me. The one I have a little problem with is the Kahr CW9. That is one small 9mm.

BTW my CZ75 is my EDC. It's a little more comfortable to carry than the 5906 although I do carry the 5906 or the 4046 from time to time. All of my plastic has gone on the shelf.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    Just out of curiosity because you mentioned the 75B grip being large, have you tried the P-01 or PCR? The trigger reach and grip length are shorter; quite a bit, actually.
    No, I have not tried either of those. I always assumed that the grips were just shorter and the Diameters were the same? I did not realize they were thinner or shorter front to back?

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    I have both of these guns and would say the CZ75 grip is a little more user friendly. My hands are kind of big however so either one works fine for me. The one I have a little problem with is the Kahr CW9. That is one small 9mm.

BTW my CZ75 is my EDC. It's a little more comfortable to carry than the 5906 although I do carry the 5906 or the 4046 from time to time. All of my plastic has gone on the shelf.
    When you say "user friendly" does this mean smaller or just more comfortable? I agree that the CZ was comfortable just a little to wide and long for my hands. The trigger reach was good in single action but a bit long in double action.
    Thanks again.

I own both. IMO, the CZ has better ergo's. It feels great in the hand. The S&W isn't a bad grip, it's just that the CZ is exceptional. Both of mine function flawlessly. I find no difference in accuracy. I do believe the S&W has the better trigger.

Free opinion. Worth what it cost you.

Out
    West

Quote Originally Posted by Out West View Post
    the CZ has better ergo's. It feels great in the hand. The S&W isn't a bad grip, it's just that the CZ is exceptional.
    Very well said. Both of these guns would be difficult for someone with small hands. The ergonomics of the CZ grip are better than the Smith.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

I have no problem with the CZ ergonomics, it was the trigger reach that was a bit long. Is the Smith trigger reach shorter, or longer? If it the same, I will stop looking at them. They are both great pistols if CZ sold a short trigger like Sig my problem would be solved. They are both all steel, Hi Cap, TDA, service size, quality pistols. I just want all of that in a size that fits my hand.
    MS

Administrator
    I like everything about the CZ's better.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My 5906 was a good quality gun, but a pain to clean. I recently gave it to my son for his birthday.
    Last edited by SIXTO; April 14th, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error
    http://www.saf.org/ --- Fighting for American's Gun Rights
    http://GeorgiaCarry.org --- Fighting for Georgian's Gun Rights.
    http://Georgiapacking.org --- Discussion of Georgia Gun Laws.

Links