brand reliability/trust/quality - Page 3

brand reliability/trust/quality

This is a discussion on brand reliability/trust/quality within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by searcher 45 Enjoyed reading the thread, wife and I both CC Kel Tec P3ATs with well over 500 rounds through each and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: brand reliability/trust/quality

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Enjoyed reading the thread, wife and I both CC Kel Tec P3ATs with well over 500 rounds through each and no problems at all.
    Now THERE'S a brand (and especially the P3AT) that I'd never be comfortable with, even after "500+" reliable rounds. I have two and those things will malfunction at any time for any reason. They'll run mag after mag one range session just fine and then the next? Try two FTFeeds in the FIRST magazine the very next time out as that just happened last week. Yes, I clean and lube everything I shoot after every outing and the recoil springs are fine, so those aren't the problems. Same type of ammo and even from the same box as last time. Been fluffed and buffed, back to Kel-Tec, etc... As a matter of fact, the one that malfunctioned last week is a brand new gun as it started life as an old and very UNreliable 1st generation P3AT. Kel-Tec replaced the entire gun and it was flawless the last two times out since being replaced, but this last time?

Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    Never, EVER sell a pistol you like and is RELIABLE to fund something else.
    I did this one time. And I regret that decision to this day, as it was, bar none, the single most reliable pistol I have ever experienced.

While I can't say it isn't ever worthwhile, in my case the gun should never have left my possession.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Excellent read! Thanks for posting it. Makes sense to me..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    In 35+ years of shooting I never had a failure with a revolver but I can’t say that with a couple of auto-loaders I’ve owned along the way. Just dumb luck I suppose…
    In the late 70's or early 80's I bought a S&W 586 .357 MAG. If I recall it was early in their production. Do you remember them days and the recalls?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Keep what you have

Targus,

Thanks for the reply about keeping what you have and buying new. No trades or sales. You would think I have learned that lesson by now. Thanks for the encouragement. Between you and some of my smart friends I have made that decision. I will save up for the G19.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Great read, thanks for posting. Yes these mechanical man made intruments can and will fail without prior notice. Now lets just all hope they dont fail during a life and death, and lets train to respond swiftly if they do.

Over the last three years, I've determined my most reliable gun is one of my SIGs, and my least reliable gun is one of my other SIGs.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links