Kimber ultra carry size - Page 2

Kimber ultra carry size

This is a discussion on Kimber ultra carry size within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for all the info guys. I wasn't aware of Kimbers compact models. I'll update when I make a move......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimber ultra carry size

Thanks for all the info guys. I wasn't aware of Kimbers compact models. I'll update when I make a move...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've had Kimbers in Ultra, Compact, and Pro (all CDP's).
    The Ultra will give you the shorter barrel and shorter grip.
    The Pro will give you the longer barrel and longer grip.

Now, the Compact will give you the shorter grip, but the longer barrel (4").

IMHO the Compact is the best of all three, because you have the longer barrel, but Kimber's shorter grip...which gives you better concealment with a the longer sight radius.

I still have my Ultra and Compact CDP's, but they sit in the safe now that I use a Glock-36 as my EDC.
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Others shared the info that you're looking for -- I'll just point out that I own an Ultra CDP II and a Pro SIS - both have been rock solid pistols that I trust my life with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Kimber.
    b
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

The UCII is very concealable. I have a Tagua thumb break owb holster and when I am wearing my shirt untucked you would be hard pressed to spot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunning4 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been lurking and enjoying this forum.
    I am interested in getting a Kimber and want to know if the ultra carry has the same frame/grip length as the pro carry and the full size 5 inch models. I have shot my friends full size 1911 Kimber and feel it is a bit large for concealed carry. So, is the ultra or pro shorter in the grip? I'd love to get to hold one but haven't come across one. Thanks in advance.
    TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    I believe the pro carry has the full size grip while the ultra has the smaller officer's grip. With the smaller grip on the ultra you may not be able to fit your little finger on the grip unless your mag has a base pad. I personally don't care to have my little finger dangling off, but you may be comfortable with it. Also the ultras are 3 in. barrel while the pro series is 4. Barrel length is less important than grip length for concealed carry. I have an ultra and it carries very well, but I wouldn't say that it's way better than a pro carry model. I actually like my CBOB with the bobtail frame the best.
    Unless you've got some massive fingers, the grip on the Ultra Series allows all three fingers to grip it comfortably. I can not say the same about some of the compacts in other type pistols (my M&P40c for instance). I measure approx. 2 1/4" at the grip from the bottom of the trigger guard to the bottom of the pistol on my Ultra CDP II with flat base mag.
    http://www.saf.org/ --- Fighting for American's Gun Rights
    http://GeorgiaCarry.org --- Fighting for Georgian's Gun Rights.
    http://Georgiapacking.org --- Discussion of Georgia Gun Laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    Unless you've got some massive fingers, the grip on the Ultra Series allows all three fingers to grip it comfortably. I can not say the same about some of the compacts in other type pistols (my M&P40c for instance). I measure approx. 2 1/4" at the grip from the bottom of the trigger guard to the bottom of the pistol on my Ultra CDP II with flat base mag.

+1.......I have large, but not huge hands, and can get a full 3 fingered grip on my Ultra CDPII, and boy does it make me look good at the range, it is scary accurate..................

YMMV

Lon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links