3rd gen Smith lovers begin mourning

This is a discussion on 3rd gen Smith lovers begin mourning within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The last Smith I owned was a model 459. My buddy had a model 59. So it's been a while since I had a S&W ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3rd gen Smith lovers begin mourning

The last Smith I owned was a model 459. My buddy had a model 59. So it's been a while since I had a S&W in my hands.

I would like to get a nice J frame one day, but that will be later down the road I'm sure. Too many others higher up on the list.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    Guys over on the S&W forum seem to confirm this. They are not showing up any longer on the website.
    The website just under went a major re-haul and was debuted yesterday in advance of the NRA convention.

I will be on a road trip tomorrow evening through Sunday in an RV along with 6 S&W corp. folk...And I will make it a point to ask about this rumor item.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    The website just under went a major re-haul and was debuted yesterday in advance of the NRA convention.

I will be on a road trip tomorrow evening through Sunday in an RV along with 6 S&W corp. folk...And I will make it a point to ask about this rumor item.

- Janq
    The rumor thing is a possibility, I was just relating what the S&W forum fans are talking about. I can't get onto their website at this time, so I can't say one way or another.

Ceapea
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

I can only confirm that I have heard direct from them through the years many statements of fact, and rumors too.
    M&P15-22, 9MM 1911 and M&P 'Pro Series' models being most recent.

This though to date is not one of them...And to be such a major game changing item for them I'd think knowing what I now of these folks I would have heard of them speak on it. They have not, yet.

Generally I don't speak n internet rumor this n' that to vendors, clients and associated persons because well the internet is nothing if not just one big rumor mill. In this case though for sake of my own curiosity I will go against my normal convention and ask for commentary.

Depending on the feedback and manner I may or may not be able/allowed to confirm, deny or expound on what I find out.

One thing though folk should keep in mind as related to rumors of any sort; Does the rumor make any sense...Or in the case of business, cent$. Everything in business is about making a business case, as related to profit (including loss).

This rumor might be true. And it might not.
    Time will ultimately tell that tale.

I have no dog n this race be the rumor true or not.
    Ironically I don't even own a S&W firearm, yet.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I did just get into their sight and there are no 3g guns shown in their "Pistol" line up.
    Here is the link
    Pistols - SmWesson2
    NRA Life Member

Yep I went there as well and noted same.

- Janq

I would still stay optimistic about it. I think once the new facility is up and running you'll see these guns re-enter the line up online.

Honestly if they dont F* it. It means I can buy more of the guns I love at cheaper costs.
    guns rule

I too, once had a 3913. I foolishly let it go to an ex-fiance that I'm no longer with...big mistake, should have let her take the lawnmower instead...
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I would though not at all be surprised to see the polymer Model SW ('Sigma') go away. Not that I'm saying that has been discussed.

- Janq
    They are coming out with an SD line of pistols. They look to be a cross of the sigma and the M&P series.
    SD9 & SD40 - SmWesson2
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    They are coming out with an SD line of pistols. They look to be a cross of the sigma and the M&P series.
    SD9 & SD40 - SmWesson2
    We would only be so lucky to see the Sigma disappear. The SD is what the sigma should have been the first time around.
    Last edited by rocky; May 14th, 2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: language
    guns rule

VIP Member
    It's not the end of the world folks. Buy one now... I honestly never see those SW models. It's all M&P's/Wheel Guns/1911's from SW in these neck of the woods.

The rumor makes sense, heck Ford had to quite building model T's too!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I need to pick up a spare 6946 to go with my 6946 my first carry gun and it still has the most trouble free shooting rounds 9k+

I also want to pick up a 4053TSW double stack 40 the same size as my 6946. I even have 2 spare mags for it even though I don't own it yet
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSW40 View Post
    We would only be so lucky to see the Shitma disappear. The SD is what the sigma should have been the first time around.
    As to the newest Sigmas:
    Did you ever even hold a Sigma much less shoot one? Based on your comments, you couldn't have or you forgot anything and everything about it if you did. If the answer is that you haven't held/shot it, then why even comment on this. If the answer is that you have held/shot it, why the lie? The Sigma is a great gun. Most people that I know that own it fell in love with it (alright, took a deep liking to it) after shooting it and bought one. There is a huge following for this gun. Myself included.
    Last edited by Ceapea; May 13th, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    SD9 & SD40 - SmWesson2
    Yep I knew about that...IIRC that was announced publicly last fall/winter or some such.

Dealers had been offering Sigma at crazy low prices all winter and spring 2010.

- Janq

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    As to the newest Sigmas:
    Did you ever even hold a Sigma much less shoot one? Based on your comments, you couldn't have or you forgot anything and everything about it if you did. If the answer is that you haven't held/shot it, then why even comment on this. If the answer is that you have held/shot it, why the lie? The Sigma is a great gun. Most people that I know that own it fell in love with it (alright, took a deep liking to it) after shooting it and bought one. There is a huge following for this gun. Myself included.
    Wow. That’s a rather bold statement. There are many people that have held, shot and owned Sigmas that detest them. No reason to say that either (a) the person has no experience with the firearm, (b) the person can’t remember their experience or (c) they are a liar, just because they have a differing view than you have.

They attacked the firearm, not you. Don’t take it persoanally. If I took every attack against Glock as a personal attack, I would always be fighting.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links