Kahr P9 / CW9: any back to back shooting experience?

This is a discussion on Kahr P9 / CW9: any back to back shooting experience? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Esquire I have been comparing these two pistols as well, can anyone enlighten me on the safeties on these weapons? The gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr P9 / CW9: any back to back shooting experience?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    I have been comparing these two pistols as well, can anyone enlighten me on the safeties on these weapons?
    The gun has an internal striker block that prevents an accidental firing by dropping the gun.

The trigger has a relatively long pull compared to many other guns. Kahr triggers have either a 3/8" or 1/2" pull...all at around 7lbs.

The whole Kahr line is made for CC and quick deployment; that is, draw, aim and pull the trigger. Keeping it simple so to speak.

Kahr is bringing out a line with a manual safety in order to make them eligible for sale in certain states.
    Kahr Arms / 9mm Models / PM9 Series

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The gun has an internal striker block that prevents an accidental firing by dropping the gun.

The trigger has a relatively long pull compared to many other guns. Kahr triggers have either a 3/8" or 1/2" pull...all at around 7lbs.

The whole Kahr line is made for CC and quick deployment; that is, draw, aim and pull the trigger. Keeping it simple so to speak.

Kahr is bringing out a line with a manual safety in order to make them eligible for sale in certain states.
    I saw my first one for sale on GB...OUCH!!! Gouge-O-Rama...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Just my opinion but I think the CW series by Kahr is about the best value on the market today. You can pay more money but I don't think you get any more gun. Kahr customer service is also way above average.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post

Thank you ripley16 for the wealth of info!

jyo
    I too have shot both and truly cannot see or feel the difference---P9s are costly in my area and CW-9s are much cheaper to buy---we (me, my wife and my brother) purchased three CW-9 pistols and aside from the "magazine drop" problem (fixed with new mag releases and their springs (supplied free by Kahr) all now run 100% and shot right to point of aim. Slim and lightweight with very fine DAO trigger action, I can recommend them!

CW9

CW9 +1. It really is a great pistol. For CCW I think the constant double action trigger is much easer to master than double/single. Not the same as your duty pistol, but does the job off duty.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

CW9 +1 more. Everything said already and a great buy for around $400.00! I had the P9 before and foolishly traded it, and now my CW9 more than makes up for that mistake.
    God bless our troops!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links