Any thoughts on Storm Lake and/or EAA Caliber Conversions?

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on Storm Lake and/or EAA Caliber Conversions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been researching my first handgun purchase in another thread and am now leaning towards SA's XD line. (Thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t-handgun.html ) Since I want to ...

Thread: Any thoughts on Storm Lake and/or EAA Caliber Conversions?

I've been researching my first handgun purchase in another thread and am now leaning towards SA's XD line.

(Thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t-handgun.html)

Since I want to practice as much as I can with the same gun I'll be carrying, I'm looking at also getting a conversion kit to keep ammunition costs as low as I can.

Have you ever used the the .40S&W -> 9mm conversion barrel from Storm Lake on an XD?

I'm also wondering about the quality of the EAA 22LR (slide & barrel kit) conversion and the EAA magazines.

I kind of like the .40 -> 9mm barrel as it affords the use of either caliber in real world carry.

NOTE: I can also add the 22LR EAA kit later, in addition to the Storm Lake barrel, for the ultimate in flexibility.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Life is NOT like a box or chocolates. It's like a jar of jalapenos... what you do today can burn your butt tomorrow.

Why be armed? Because it's not the odds... it's the stakes

I have the StormLake 40->9 conversion for my Glock. It shoots smooth and haven't had any feed or ejection issues yet.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Same here, some say you'll need the extractor, but I only use the 9mm for practice since it's cheaper and don't feel the need to change that also. Besides it's never malfunctioned . The Storm Lake barrel is well made and extra thick to make up for the larger .40 sized barrel. Accuarcy is very good also. I don't know if the swap is as easy in the XD as it is in the Glock, hopefully so. It takes all of 10-15 seconds to do. You probably will have to use a 9mm magazine if that is an option in the XD.
    Good luck! Have fun!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Sponsored Links