What to do with my NIB Taurus 85ULTT?? - Page 2

What to do with my NIB Taurus 85ULTT??

This is a discussion on What to do with my NIB Taurus 85ULTT?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would test drive it. You never know you might just love it! Heck you already own it why not?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do with my NIB Taurus 85ULTT??

I would test drive it. You never know you might just love it! Heck you already own it why not?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    ...Go ahead and put a few hundred rounds through it and then, if you don't like it, you can trade it off, or sell it after you've given it a fair chance.

I don't see a few hundred rounds hurting the value on trading it in or selling it.
    Agreed, if you like the gun try it out. I had a 85UL SS. My goal was 300 rounds to declare it good to go. It didn't make it. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...urus-85ul.html
    But I have friends who have the same gun and are happy with theirs.

Your local gun shop cannot give you what it is worth because they are in business to make money and must leave some margin for profit. I ended up taking mine to a gun show to sell or trade. I found a guy who was enamored with it and had a Dan Wesson 357mag (with 2 barrels, tools, 3 grips and original soft pouch) he apparently couldn't sell. We made an even swap and walked away with both of us happy. Me secretly more than him!!!

Later I got a Ruger LCR and I'm loving it.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Thanks everyone for your replies! Seeing that there's no real difference between used (even nib) and a few hundred rounds through it. I'll give it a try and see how it does! I've read many good and bad threads about Taurus guns, so I guess I'll see how this one works. Worst case scenario, I can just send it in for repairs (if needed) and trade it on something or sell it down the line.

The small value I'd gain from a trade in, really isn't worth trading at all. I guess if I decide to buy a smith, I'll just keep it and buy the smith straight out. I've seen them at buds for $450, which is $100 less than any local dealer. I was given the Taurus for a few bucks off from a car that I sold, less than the new price, but more than the trade in value.

I bought 200 rounds of wwb, as it's all the local walmart had in this caliber. Is this a fair ammo for this gun? My xd9sc feeds it with no problems!

Quote Originally Posted by xd9mmsc View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies! Seeing that there's no real difference between used (even nib) and a few hundred rounds through it. I'll give it a try and see how it does! I've read many good and bad threads about Taurus guns, so I guess I'll see how this one works. Worst case scenario, I can just send it in for repairs (if needed) and trade it on something or sell it down the line.

The small value I'd gain from a trade in, really isn't worth trading at all. I guess if I decide to buy a smith, I'll just keep it and buy the smith straight out. I've seen them at buds for $450, which is $100 less than any local dealer. I was given the Taurus for a few bucks off from a car that I sold, less than the new price, but more than the trade in value.

I bought 200 rounds of wwb, as it's all the local walmart had in this caliber. Is this a fair ammo for this gun? My xd9sc feeds it with no problems!
    yeah its ok..good practice ammo ive used that and Remington UMC.

..your gun dealer will give less than what he can buy them for wholesale MINUS his "risk" money....expect to get less..

if you don't want it...PM me...I may take it!!

I use WWB 130gr in my 85UL all the time for practice ammo, good stuff for the price, My 85UL does shoot just a little lower with the 130gr than the 158gr or 135gr GDHP I normal carry in it, but not enough to worry about in SD ranges.
    Semper Fi

I use the gold dots for my SD ammo and pretty much anything cheap for practice.

I have a 642 and love it, I have put 30 rnds through it in a row, but thats all I had on me at the time, My hand can take a beating I guess. I hear people complain all the time about 10 rounds through a snubby though...
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links