P250

P250

This is a discussion on P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my 2sum today This adds more Sig to my stable - P220 and P226 are my standard standard uses. This is also the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P250

P250

Just got my 2sum today
    This adds more Sig to my stable - P220 and P226 are my standard standard uses. This is also the first DAO I have owned - Sig or otherwise.
    I am curious who else uses a P250 (standard, compact, or subcompact) and if some, none, or all carry chambered? I carry both my 220 and 226 with a full mag +1 in the chamber, however I am new to this DAO game and still feeling things out + getting a lot of range time in before I carry it.
    "I'm yer huckleberry"

I have the compact 9mm in nickel. I love it, trigger pull is deffinetly DA long, but its very smooth and starts at around 6lbs pull, i'd say mines probably down to 5lbs after breaking it in with 500rds. I think you'll be happy with it.

I have no real plans to buy any size conversions, it fits me well in this configuration.

I always carry chambered (both my p250 and XD), its just an expensive club if theres not a round in the chamber.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

I went into my local shop to get acquainted with a FNP. While there, I saw a P250 in .45 that really piqued my interest. That's admitting something coming from me, trust. No matter, cause I can't get used to that DA first trigger pull. It's too bad, really, cause I appreciate the reputation of the gun and shooting it in single action.

I also wouldn't mind a 239 as a backup.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Hey Pressure, welcome from Atlanta. Enjoying this beautiful weather we've had the last week?

From where did you get your twins btw? I saw the one I mentioned out at Adventure Outdoors in Cobb County.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    Hey Pressure, welcome from Atlanta. Enjoying this beautiful weather we've had the last week?

From where did you get your twins btw? I saw the one I mentioned out at Adventure Outdoors in Cobb County.

Yea Adventure Outdoors is my store too.

I am giving the p250 consideration in .45
    I also am seriously considering that FNP 45
    The deciding factor will be how available the conversion kit is for that .45 in the P250 and what it feels like to actually shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    I always carry chambered (both my p250 and XD), its just an expensive club if theres not a round in the chamber.
    Yeah - I have yet to hear of any criminals giving anyone a chance to work the slide and chamber a round
    Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post

The weather is def nice (aside from the yellow dust covering everything!)
    I got the 2sum on GunBroker from a shop in NC. No one I called in the metro Atl had em

Quote Originally Posted by Damon1976 View Post
    Yea Adventure Outdoors is my store too.

I am giving the p250 consideration in .45
    I also am seriously considering that FNP 45
    The deciding factor will be how available the conversion kit is for that .45 in the P250 and what it feels like to actually shoot.
    Well I just put 50 rounds through it at a close range in the subcompact setup and loved it.

Then I put 50 rounds (all in the same target, and with a bit more distance) in standard grip config - LOVED it

Need to get used to the DAO feel and get a little more on target, but I am pleased with the 1st trip and I guess I now finally have something smaller than my 220 or 226
    "I'm yer huckleberry"

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have a 250C in 9mm and I actually just picked up the subcompact today in 9mm also. The sub is not that much smaller, but here in Florida, every little bit helps for summer carry. For me, it'll be Compact for cooler weather; subcompact when dressed for summer.

No pics yet of the sub.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I'm a Glock guy, but I was impressed with the Sig 250 at the gun store a few weeks ago.

It joins Glock, XD, M&P, and the SR9 on my "short list" of guns I recommend to others.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

just picked up the subcompact today in 9mm also
    did you get the xchange kit or another gun?
    i want the sub compact grip modules and xchange kit. does anybody know where i can get them. is it available yet?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by can2boy; April 15th, 2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: pics added sorry cheap phone camera
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

I carry the subcompact daily. I love it. I always carry one in the chamber. After all, I don't think the BGs are going to let you rack the slide and say,"Ok, now I'm ready." Lol

Quote Originally Posted by can2boy View Post
    i want the sub compact grip modules and xchange kit. does anybody know where i can get them. is it available yet?
    Top Gun is the place for all your Sig needs! They are "out of stock" right now but shoot them an email to see when they may get more in.

Gun Parts | Gun Supplies | Gun Accessories
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Gun Bunny is right, Top Gun is the place. Unfortunately, they're out of everything at the moment.

You can order 250 stuff from Sig customer service right now, and get it within about 6 weeks, but you'll pay top dollar, and Sig's definition of "top dollar" kinda hurts...

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I had an exchange kit on order directly from Sig, but I ended up trading another firearm (safe queen) and picking up a complete Subcompact.

If you order a kit from Sig, there is a back order of about 6 weeks.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PressureDrop View Post
    Just got my 2sum today
    This adds more Sig to my stable - P220 and P226 are my standard standard uses. This is also the first DAO I have owned - Sig or otherwise.
    I am curious who else uses a P250 (standard, compact, or subcompact) and if some, none, or all carry chambered? I carry both my 220 and 226 with a full mag +1 in the chamber, however I am new to this DAO game and still feeling things out + getting a lot of range time in before I carry it.
    I have a 9 mm P250 Compact. There are some things about it that I really like. For a Sig, is has several built in features and the price is not bad. Sure it is DAO. Some used to think of DAO as more of a beginners Pistol. I don't think so. Most manufactures are adding more safety stuff than less. I don't call them features because some are just overkill. The P250 has no manual safety. I want to find where I read that more Peeople have actually been killed or injured with pistols that have a manual safety that any other type of pistol with safety mechanisms.

It has one safety feature. Glocks have 3. The XD has two. The DAO make sense. It is a long trigger but each pull is always the same. I would say min has about a 5 lb trigger pull. The trigger is smooth, not serrated. Some guys pay to have their triggers ground and polished. A smooth trigger is just more comfortable to fire. The P250 comes with adjustable night sights. Take down and field stripping is incredibly easy. I like the ergonomics of the grip and the extended beaver tail. The pistol is well balanced and has little recoil.

I consider it very reliable and have never had a feed problem

One other thing about the P250 is that it was designed to be interchangeable. It can easily be converted to 9mm, .40, .357 Sig
    or .45 ACP. Not inexpensively but it can be done.

You shoot what you like. I like my P250 and find it to be quite accurate. Some say the P250 is ugly. I don't think so myself.
    I'm not a Glock fan. I don't like the fat grips and don't think the grip is ergonomic. I traded my DX Subcompact. It felt way too top heavy to me and pinched me between and first finger every time I shot it.
    If you are going to compare pistols for quality, compare a Sig to an HK not a DX or a Glock. No doubt, Glocks are reliable, just not the pistol for me.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I have the P250SC that I carry and the P250 Full size. I carry the P250SC with it chambered. That's the beauty in having the long trigger pull, the long trigger pull is basically your safety.

As for IWB for the P250SC I use this;

ACE-1

It works like a dream, Lifetime Warranty and Free Replacement clips for life.

Below are others I almost bought.

CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe

Cops Plus

eBay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links