Qestions about XDm .40S&W

This is a discussion on Qestions about XDm .40S&W within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the opportunity to pick up a used Springfield XDm .40S&W for $350. I was wondering why someone would sell it for that cheap. ...

I have the opportunity to pick up a used Springfield XDm .40S&W for $350. I was wondering why someone would sell it for that cheap. Have any of you experienced any issues or heard of any? I really want this pistol, but want to be sure it is something I can trust my life and loved ones' lives to.

I dont own an XDm, but I have heard of no issues with them from the guys at the range. The XD 40 is selling for around $450.00 in my area. I would think $350.00 is a fair price. I would see if I could take it to the range and run some rounds through it and check it out good.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I was wondering if he would meet me at the range.

AzB
    I just bought a XD 40 with 4 mags, a couple holster, and 40 rounds of Federal hollow points for $350. I thought there must be something wrong with it so I took it completely apart and checked everything. Looked great.

Took it to the range and fired ~400 rounds through it. (Two different trips) It worked flawlessly. And it's pretty accurate too. My nephew was shooting it, and I was shooting my FNP .45 and we were having a little contest. It was clear that both guns were very accurate.

For $350, I don't possibly see how you can go wrong if you want a reliable, powerful, SD firearm.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Most guns lose value worse than cars once they are used once.

That is a great price for that gun. I wouldn't hesitate to take it off his hands if it is in working order.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Great price! Field strip it and check it over real quick to make sure everything looks good and buy it, you could sell it for $100 more if you don't like it.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

VIP Member
    Probably just needs cash fast. Check it over thoroughly and fire it if possible. If all seems fine, jump on it.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Buy it! That is an incredible price for an XDm provided there is nothing wrong with it. I haven't heard of any issues with the XDm's and I've been looking pretty hard. Make sure to get the case with it and everything that goes inside.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I have the XDm 9. Fantastic weapon. Great shooter. More accurate than any of my others. For that price, even if there is a part busted, it can be replaced. But as for reliability there should be no problem.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

See if you can shoot it first, but that sounds like a GREAT deal!

Thats about the average price near me for a used .40 they aren't worth THAT much more new. Definitely worth it to pick one up for $350 if its in decent shape.

Links