New Glock 36 working great

This is a discussion on New Glock 36 working great within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi gang, Last summer, I bought my first Glock (G-19) and am really amazed at it. The state LEA I retired from use Sigs and ...

Thread: New Glock 36 working great

New Glock 36 working great

Hi gang,

Last summer, I bought my first Glock (G-19) and am really amazed at it. The state LEA I retired from use Sigs and I have several of them and love them. However, I can certainly see why Glock products have the following they have.

In January at a local gun show, I traded my Sig compact SAS Custom shop 1911 GSR, for a new Glock 36 and $200. (I just don't do well with compact 1911s and will stick to my two full size ones, a Colt and a Kimber, when I get the 1911 urge.)

Got home with my new G36, and then read all the horror stories about this model. So, I called Glock on the Monday morning after the gun show and talked to a rep who was real nice and informative. He told me that he also liked Sigs and 1911s and had a number of them.

I shared my concerns with him about what I had read on the various forums about the G-36 and he asked for my serial number. He then said I should be OK and just enjoy it.

Shot it briefly back in January before we went south for the winter. It seemed very accurate and fed and shot 3 different types of HP ammo as well as FMJ/ball ammo.

Just came home, bought a Pearce mag extension (+1) and installed it last night. Shot about 50 rounds through it today (a combination of JHP and FMJ/Ball ammo) and it was flawless (even with the Pearce extension which in my opinion could lower the stock spring tension a little).

This gun is very mild to shoot and very accurate.

I talked to a local gun shop/indoor range owner today and he agreed with me on my opinion of the G-36. He said they have a 2 year old G-36 that is used as a range gun and they have had zero problems with it.

I guess the only problem I now have is which gun to carry in my car or truck glove box(my main-always in my pocket gun, is a P-32 KelTec ).

I have been using my G-19 for my back up/glove box gun (I know I did mention my love affair with Sigs and 1911s) but this G-36 is going to be a contender.

This is a great forum and I really appreciate all the info that is posted.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    So much of what you read on the forums is ancient history, problems solved long ago. It seems so many can't tell the difference between yesterday and today. I had a new car back in '74 that was a piece of crap. That doen't mean that maker doesn't produce fine cars today (and it did then and does now).

It seems like evey new make and/or model that comes out has some birthing pains, no matter who makes it. And until the internet is an antiqudated form of communication, there are those will still claim the G36 is a piece of junk, based on the first batch produced.

Glad to hear you're pleased with it; now go forth and enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Ditto what OldVet said. Love mine. It runs like a top!

Enjoy!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    When people review a gun, it's usually either the praise the gun or condemn it. The large numbers of happy G36 owners, who have zero problems I suspect do not go on forums.

I've had zero problems with both my G36s.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Links