S&W M&P Compact Anyone have one?

S&W M&P Compact Anyone have one?

This is a discussion on S&W M&P Compact Anyone have one? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for this weapon for ccw.Going to gun show this wkend to search and price.I'm undecided on caliber ,.40 or 9mm.Anyone would like to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P Compact Anyone have one?

Question S&W M&P Compact Anyone have one?

I'm looking for this weapon for ccw.Going to gun show this wkend to search and price.I'm undecided on caliber ,.40 or 9mm.Anyone would like to shed some light on this weapon please do. Thanks all!! Oh and what is a fair price for NIB?

Have both the 9c & 40c, great carry weapons, highly recommend them, reliable yes. Don't want to start a caliber war, can't go wrong with ether choice. There is a M&P sale going on at a local gun shop that lists all M&P's for $449. Most of the prices I've seen are about five and half bills for the compacts, cheaper on line. Good Luck!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Got the .40C a few months back and I love it !!!..Depending where you are in Florida there is a place in South Florida called Lou's (in Hialeah). Best price. I think I paid about $425 ?? M&P compact is a great gun regardless which caliber you get.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    9c here as a daily carry gun. Love it. Ergonomic, higher capacity than the Glock 26, more comfortable and balanced than the XD9 subcompact or the Glock 26, less brick-like than either, longer barrel than the XD9 subcompact. Smooth, reliable shooter with minimal recoil.

Advice- use the finger grip extensions. They add measurably to the controllability of the gun. I would characterize the recoil as mild, but if you use the flat mag floor plate magazine, it does jump around a bit. No increase in felt recoil, but harder to control. A standard one ships with one flat mag and one with a factory +0 extension. If you call S&W, they'll send you another +0 extension floor plate for free. An LEO model ships with two +0 extension mags and one flat mag.

Great gun, love mine! Had ZERO problems so far. Don't expect any. My 120lb girlfriend shoots it great too, she loves it as well. You won't be disappointed.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

They're a bit thick for IWB or pocket carry, but otherwise they're fantastic. My M&P Compact 40sw was tricky for me to get the hang of firing accurately at first, but after using it I've found it to be exceptional.
    Nothing unreal exists

I love carrying my 40c and it is a breeze to shoot with very little recoil for a 40.

Buy one you won't be disappointed.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have an M&P 9C that is very controllable and accurate. Last week, I took my wife pistol shooting for the first time. She has several disabilities and at 10 yards, put 10 rounds in a 2" circle. Memo to self: Don't annoy her...

I shot my brother's .40 compact a couple of weeks ago and when I have enough money, I will be getting one! Great Gun!!
    Member of:
    National Rifle Association
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Defensive Carry
    United States Conceal Carry Association

I have a 40c and love it. Only problem so far is my wife and I are having an ownership dispute over who gets to carry it. Looking at buying another so we don't have to share.

I have to agree on the finger extensions I get a much better grip with them, but my wife doesn't need them.

Best price I've found is Buds Law Enforcement Gun for Sale - Discounts for Qualified Customers if you meet SW discount requirements found here Gun for Sale - Discounts for Qualified Customers
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Buy it! I love my 9c.. it's a great carry gun and is very accurate with low recoil and awesome ergonomics..

That said, the best thing you can do with you M&P is buy the Apex tactical Action Enhancement kit.. It completely transforms the action by smoothing/lightening the trigger pull, improving reset and making the gun shoot like nothing I've ever seen/shot! Best $70 I ever spent..

I have a 9C and a 45C, both are great guns. Total round count for the 9C is 9K and the 45C 15K (I shoot....alot). The only issue I have is that the newer shiny black finish isnt nearly as durable as the older dull finish. As for price....I got mine for LE prices.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I love mines but you will find that you will not be happy unless you have both the compact and the full sized model :D
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Got a .40 compact, great gun. Wish I would have gotten the 9 instead, but the .40s recoil seems more tame than my friends Glocks.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

I have the 9c (traded a Glock 27 for it) and a 45c (sold a Glock 30 and bought the 45c). They both seem to shoot as well and carry better than the guns they replaced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links