New gun

This is a discussion on New gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Boy this is really becoming an addiction. I started on this forum just a couple of months ago and have bought three pistols since. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gun

New gun

Boy this is really becoming an addiction. I started on this forum just a couple of months ago and have bought three pistols since. I started reading these post on the Sig P6s and wouldn't you know a local gun shop had two in stock. One of those followed me home today. I had to pay a little more than I wanted but I think its still a good deal. Came with orginal box,owner's manual(in German),the orginal test target, and two magazines for $400. It has worn edges and I would say it is in average used gun shape. Looking at the slides I could not tell of any wear. It shoots good and functions like it should. Two areas I think I will address are the DA trigger pull ( must be about 42#) and the sights are the standard issue hope to replace soon with nite sights like my 239. Anybody else have one and what have you changed? Any sources for sights and spring?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    my son bought one for his wife a couple of years ago to use as a "car gun"...I think he had to replace one spring (transfar bar spring?), but other than that, shoots great, functions fine. And yes, the stock trigger is just nuts. One thing about most of the "police issue" weapons from Europe, they were treated like Kel-Tec pistols as they were "carried a lot, and shot little". Internally, most of the PD issue Sigs and Star BM models (Spain) that I have owned or handled have shown very little internal wear...mostly holster wear.

surv

Congrats on your new gun, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    my son bought one for his wife a couple of years ago to use as a "car gun"...I think he had to replace one spring (transfar bar spring?), but other than that, shoots great, functions fine. And yes, the stock trigger is just nuts. One thing about most of the "police issue" weapons from Europe, they were treated like Kel-Tec pistols as they were "carried a lot, and shot little". Internally, most of the PD issue Sigs and Star BM models (Spain) that I have owned or handled have shown very little internal wear...mostly holster wear.

surv
    I think this one was a 1980 model. It has a lot of holster wear but I think it will be a good shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Congrats on your new gun, enjoy.
    Thanks, I like Sigs. Plan to put some rounds thru this weekend.

Congratulations on your new gun. No doubt, it IS an addiction.

Only one real problem I see so far.........
    PICTURES!!!!! (there are none)
    LOL
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    Congratulations on your new gun. No doubt, it IS an addiction.

Only one real problem I see so far.........
    PICTURES!!!!! (there are none)
    LOL
    OK pics added:

and the rest of the family:

Last edited by got2hav1; April 17th, 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: add pictures

That's a good lookin trio!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    That's a good lookin trio!
    Add the P6 and its a quartet. Thanks.

Those P6's just ooze quality!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Those P6's just ooze quality!
    Thanks, they do look substantial. Size wise it is pretty much the same size as a 239 . The grips on the P6 have more of a swell whereas the grip on the 239 is thinner and straighter.

Nice pistol. I picked up a P225 a few months ago myself. At first I thought it was a huge gun but the more I shoot it the smaller it seems to get. I used the Wolff 18lb trigger spring in mine. Made all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbabbler View Post
    Nice pistol. I picked up a P225 a few months ago myself. At first I thought it was a huge gun but the more I shoot it the smaller it seems to get. I used the Wolff 18lb trigger spring in mine. Made all the difference in the world.
    Yeah I may get round to changing the springs but I really want better sights first.

more shooting

Today I took the P6 I just got out for some range time. Very pleased with this gun. Some might fret over the finish of these guns and the heavy mainspring but man they sure do perform. I love the way they fit my hand and point. Also feels good to shoot a gun you know will go bang when you pull the trigger. ( Was shooting my P380 also today if only I could get it to be as reliable. Though it is getting better.) If any one is on the fence in regards to the P6s floating around I would recommend you get one. Great gun for the money.

Nice gun!

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    Nice gun!
    Thanks, I like it alot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links