Seecamp VS other 380s

This is a discussion on Seecamp VS other 380s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know the Seecamp is the smallest 380 out there but I am wondering that when it comes to pocket carry via a Desantis Superfly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seecamp VS other 380s

Seecamp VS other 380s

I know the Seecamp is the smallest 380 out there but I am wondering that when it comes to pocket carry via a Desantis Superfly or nemesis - if there is any advantage to the LWS in avoiding printing, etc as comapred to the P380 or a LCP, etc.

Since, I would have to belive that Desantis nemesis or superlfy holsters are the exact same size holster and therefore that's what prints - Is the smaller seecamp would be worth it when I can get a LCP becuase they will print the same with the same hoslters.

Anyone have any ideas? Would love to hear from those who have and carry both via pocket holster.

2. Remove Ads

I don't have a Seecamp .380, but I do own the Seecamp .32 which is virtually identical in size and weight. I also own a Kahr P380 and a Ruger LCP. There is no doubt that the Seecamp is easier to conceal for me in a custom Stellar Rigs pocket holster. The main reason is because the grip is much larger on the P380 and LCP. The weight is about the same.

If you're using a multi-gun holster like the Superfly or Nemesis, I don't think the concealment profile would be much different between thost guns though. I wouldn't worry too much about printing in your pocket. 99% of people will simply think it's a cell phone or iPod. I don't carry the Seecamp as much any more since I carry the Kahr P380. It's less picky with ammunition and I like having the slide lock back on the last round. Most importantly, I use a Crimson Trace with it.

The Seecamp has the highest build quality of those guns by a mile though.

Seecamp is easier to conceal due to its size (I have both .380 and the .32). In a smaller pocket the LCP is a little taller and may come up to the opening of the pocket. But for most pockets it is not a problem for the LCP. I agree the Seecamp has the best build quality. You do have to follow the ammo recommendations for the Seecamp.

Seecamp .380 is harder to come bye and will of course cost 3 times that of the LCP.

If you use a back pocket wallet type holster any of the smaller pocket guns will print as a wallet, no matter what is in it.

Best of luck to you!

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Many people don't realize how very small a Seecamp is when compared to most of the other available .380s. Here's a pic of one with a Kel-tec.

I prefer carrying my seecamp .380 in a wallet style holster .

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Many people don't realize how very small a Seecamp is when compared to most of the other available .380s. Here's a pic of one with a Kel-tec.

I agree it is the smallest 380 out there. However, that being said - does the smallest footprint actually translate into real-world benefits? Wouldn't an LCP print the same if carried in the same manner? I cant see there being any added benefits of the reduction the LWS because it's the pocket holster that will print.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    I agree it is the smallest 380 out there. However, that being said - does the smallest footprint actually translate into real-world benefits? Wouldn't an LCP print the same if carried in the same manner? I cant see there being any added benefits of the reduction the LWS because it's the pocket holster that will print.
    Is it easier to carry a wallet with two credit cards and 2 bills in it or a wallet with 10 credit cards, 10 bills and $2 in change in it? Both wallets are the same size.

..small is small..small is good for deep concealment ..you want small ,yet ,capable and extemely well made ? Ya get a LWS .380..Wallet style holster disquises the seecamp best for me.

I had a Seecamp 380, and it was a beautiful gun. It may have done well with Winchester Silvertips, but I could never find them. I sold it and bought a Kahr 380. There is very little difference in the size, but the Kahr is very reliable with a variety of ammunition. The Kahr is also easier to take down and clean.

So what about the Guardian.....? Looks like the Seecamp design but a little larger also all stainless. Who has one and what do you think....?

I have the NAA Guardian in 32ACP, wanted a 380
    but there was no 380 ammo anywhere at the time
    I wanted it. The 32 is a great little pistol and the 380
    is built the same so it should be a good one to.
    Here is a link to a comparison chart for small pistols.
    I don't know why the chart is so small.

Jim

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lws380 View Post
    Seecamp is easier to conceal due to its size (I have both .380 and the .32). In a smaller pocket the LCP is a little taller and may come up to the opening of the pocket.
    Probably cheaper to have a tailor deepen your pockets. I did that with two of my business suits.

The LCP is hard to beat for the money. Paid only $289 locally for mine, brand new. I see no need to spend more for the Seecamp, especially if it it ammo sensitive. You need a .380 that will fire anything you feed it, because you take what .380 ammo you can get nowadays.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Which of the 380s can I use hot ammo in? I'm thinking Buffalo Bore. Will they all handle it?

I will run perhaps 50 through the weapon to verify feeding, but don't anticipate using it at the range for fun...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

The NAA Guardian is built like a tank, and weighs around 19 ounces. I carry mine either IWB in a Don Hume or in a front pocket with a Stellar Rigs holster.

For the feeding of the Guardian, mine loves Remington 380 and detests aguila ammo.

I have not tried PMC yet, or the Buffalo Bore, so right now it's loaded with the Remington.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.

Is printing really a big deal. Most people won't notice it anyway. I use to worry about it but don't anymore. I carry a 442 in my front pocket but love the Kimber Ultra Crimson at 3:00 in my Silent Thunder.
    Ps Like the Seacamp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links