Picked my new EDC today..

This is a discussion on Picked my new EDC today.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know...its worthless without pics...but A real nice couple opened up a gun store 2 miles from my house. My wife was like "oh great". ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked my new EDC today..

Picked my new EDC today..

I know...its worthless without pics...but
    A real nice couple opened up a gun store 2 miles from my house. My wife was like "oh great". Anyway, been eyeballing the Walther PPS
    9MM, so finally snagged one. I havent measured, but this thing is approx 1/4"-5/16" thinner than my XDSC EDC. Cant wait to get to the range and get a range report. It came with a 7 round mag and a coupon to get another free(if purchased before May31) THe mag realease kept me from buying a couple of months ago, but I found that using my middle finger works fast and easy. Using my thumb was completely out of the question. Anyway, I need to get some rounds thru it, proven and decide if I actually want to go the IWB route on this one since it is so thin. That is all.....
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats - I'm sure that will be a fine carry piece.

'Need those pics, though!

Thumbs up

My buddy has a PPS 40 that should be here today. USPS says it is out for delivery to our FFL dealer. I can't wait to shoot it! Congrats on your new purchase. I hear they are great guns!
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

I have the 40 PPS...it is my EDC....I love it and I really like the mag release now that I have gotten use to doing it with my trigger finger......works great for me. Enjoy it and let us know how you like it after you shoot it.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I love my PPS in 9mm. Check out a crossbreed mini tuck for it if you are looking for a holster... The combo has served me well for the past few months that I have owned the holster. Never had an issue with my PPS either.. shoots all ammo I put through it and disappears IWB.

Congrats!

I'm waiting on my PPS .40 to show up, and can hardly stand it! Also looking at the MiniTuck for an IWB holster, glad to hear that it works well. Enjoy the newest member of your family!
    What the **** - How did I end up on this soapbox again?!?!?

Congrats on your new pistol, enjoy!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I know...its worthless without pics...but
    A real nice couple opened up a gun store 2 miles from my house. My wife was like "oh great". Anyway, been eyeballing the Walther PPS
    9MM, so finally snagged one. I havent measured, but this thing is approx 1/4"-5/16" thinner than my XDSC EDC. Cant wait to get to the range and get a range report. It came with a 7 round mag and a coupon to get another free(if purchased before May31) THe mag realease kept me from buying a couple of months ago, but I found that using my middle finger works fast and easy. Using my thumb was completely out of the question. Anyway, I need to get some rounds thru it, proven and decide if I actually want to go the IWB route on this one since it is so thin. That is all.....

man I hope you got a good deal on it...ive seen some REAL shady prices on those at various places..before tax I hope you paid no more than $570-585...ive seen shops have these marked as high as $700+ and even seen people that paid $670 think they got a good deal even though (after tax) they paid almost $100 too much...Oh but BTW great gun I want one!

It was right at 6 bills. He had it marked 30 higher, but he surprisingly matched Buds price since I was paying cash. I know that the tax sux and I could have saved money, but I told myself if a gunstore opened up near me with reasonable prices, I would do what I could to support them if I liked the owners. Another store about 15 miles away had $679 price tag on his.

So for you PPS minituckers, does the muzzle hang over the edge of the bottom of the leather?

Congrats on the new pistola! It is a great feeling...enjoy!

Never-the-less...

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It was right at 6 bills. He had it marked 30 higher, but he surprisingly matched Buds price since I was paying cash. I know that the tax sux and I could have saved money, but I told myself if a gunstore opened up near me with reasonable prices, I would do what I could to support them if I liked the owners. Another store about 15 miles away had $679 price tag on his.

So for you PPS minituckers, does the muzzle hang over the edge of the bottom of the leather?
    not horrible they are at $585 locally and thats what he has them marked at...I dont know if he would go any lower or not...but id seen the exact same gun at Gander Mountain for well over $700..and I was like OH WOW!!!

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats and enjoy!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Just barely... It is the most comfortable style holster I have owned, and I have my box of 20 or so for various pistols.
    Attached Images

Congrats, Hiho. I'm expecting to pick up my PPS 9mm this week after a long selection process and then wait for the dealer to get one. This may be heresy to many on this site but I chose it over the Glock 19 !! I needed something that was not as fat as the Glocks or Sigs and not as small as the Kahr or Keltec. I looked seriously at the S&W M&P compact but the width was still 1.3". Plus I wanted something classy. The PPS filled all my needs. Can't wait to take it to the range and break it in.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Just barely... It is the most comfortable style holster I have owned, and I have my box of 20 or so for various pistols.
    I like that...... does the overhanging muzzle ever pinch, poke or bother you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links