In the dog house again

In the dog house again

This is a discussion on In the dog house again within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I stopped at a local pawn shop today and they had a S&W model 36 snubbie there for $379. I looked the gun over and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the dog house again

In the dog house again

I stopped at a local pawn shop today and they had a S&W model 36 snubbie there for $379. I looked the gun over and it is 100% I could find no wear marks or powder residue anywhere and the gun appears to be unfired.
    After a little friendly bartering I walked out with the gun for $325 out the door and now the wife is giving me the evil eye again. I tried to explain that this was only the fifth gun since Christmas but she wasn't buying it. Oh well!

Wow! Sounds like a great deal...try selling your wife on how much money you saved her. Isn't that what they do when a dress is on sale?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sometimes being in the doghouse aint so bad. It all depends on how you look at things, and how well you decorate your doghouse. Sometimes the doghouse is a place of refuge. The more time you spend in the doghouse, the more you'll get used to it. Keep the roof in good shape for those rainy days or those extended stays.
    Congrats on a good find!

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Well at least you'll be safe in the dog house:) Congrats on the buy....good deal!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Call it a"Man-Cave".......you'll feel better.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Nice find and a nice price as well. as for being in the dog house don't worry about it brother. Remember its better to ask for forgiveness then permission :-)
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Just try and trade your wife for a new gun. She ought to be worth a nice AR rifle or something. And the AR would give you no evil eyes.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Very nice buy...she'll get over it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Good find congrats! I find myself in the dog house too sometimes. Like right now this week I'm on vacation, wifes not. I had to use up some personal leave or it goes away. Any way guess what I'm up to? Yep, time on my hands and money in my pocket, I will probably be in my dog house by the end of this week! She might not let me out till late fall when I'm howling at the moon.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Unhappy

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah she'll get over it all right she has already started talking about new kitchen cabinets. WOW! this gun could get expensive.

Might as well stay in trouble and get another one!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbball98 View Post
    I stopped at a local pawn shop today and they had a S&W model 36 snubbie there for $379. I looked the gun over and it is 100% I could find no wear marks or powder residue anywhere and the gun appears to be unfired.
    After a little friendly bartering I walked out with the gun for $325 out the door and now the wife is giving me the evil eye again. I tried to explain that this was only the fifth gun since Christmas but she wasn't buying it. Oh well!
    Don't come here looking for sympathy LOL. Take your whoopin like a man and and join the rest of us who thought we were kings our of homes.

P.S. Good buy.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

los
    Dog House..???

She should be cooking you a big fancy dinner and praising you for having a keen eye and for being a brilliant negotiator.

CONGRATS on your newly acquired 36.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

That is simply an investment that you could always get your $325 out of..... It is all how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbball98 View Post
    Thanks for the support guys. Yeah she'll get over it all right she has already started talking about new kitchen cabinets. WOW! this gun could get expensive.
    Now, this might just work out! You got one gun, she gets one cabinet! How many cabinets does she want total? You will probably wind up with at least another 3-4 guns!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links