New M&P45

This is a discussion on New M&P45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned several M&Ps and loved all of them. I recently purchased a full size 45 (my first 45) and it is shooting about ...

Thread: New M&P45

New M&P45

I have owned several M&Ps and loved all of them. I recently purchased a full size 45 (my first 45) and it is shooting about 6 inches low between 20-30 feet. I have tried several brands and grains of ammo and they are all hitting low. So far, I have put over 300 rounds though it. I am able to keep tight groups...just too low. Does anyone have any suggestions that may help me out?
    SA 1911 9mm, Ruger LCP, EMP9, M&P45, LWRC 6.8SCP

Semper Fi...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    adjustment to Grip or quit anticipating the recoil. Just some possible things that i always have to work on when I do the same thing. Lots of dry fire or a long range day with a 22 to create some muscle memory. Then again it could always be something else.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

I would say trigger control, but you have other M&P. I would say since it is your "first .45", I guess recoil anticipation.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

First thing I would do would be to let someone else shoot it and see if it still shoots low in someone elses hands.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I have a friend and when he shoots most of his guns they hit low to his POA,when I shoot them they hit dead on POA,I watched him and it doesn't appear to be any flinching on his part,I can't understand why he hits low and this is a guy that shoots over 1000 rounds a month
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I have one and it's dead on.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have not had anyone else shoot this one. The next time I go to the range I am going to get someone to do that and see what happens. Even though this is my first personal 45, I have shot several other ones and never had an issue. I qualified as Expert in the Corps. 3 different times with the 45 1911, but that was almost 30 years ago.
    SA 1911 9mm, Ruger LCP, EMP9, M&P45, LWRC 6.8SCP

Semper Fi...

Links