New Taurus TCP with issues.

This is a discussion on New Taurus TCP with issues. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BugDude I've been pocket carrying my Bersa Thunder 9 UC with no problem, Do you have pics of you PCing the UC?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Taurus TCP with issues.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've been pocket carrying my Bersa Thunder 9 UC with no problem,
    Do you have pics of you PCing the UC?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What I find interesting about OP's post is that he actually found .380 ammo at Walmart.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

re

you might as well just carry a 9 as a .380 - ammo is much easier to get and half the price - i have a bersa duo-tone with 300 through it with no issues but my cz75b in 9 is alot more accurate
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

TCP problems

Most of the problems in the TCP 738 believe it or not are Magazine issues. Seems that the extractor doesn't get triggered on some magazine floor plates properly. The magazine floor plates are plastic and the housing is fairly thin metal. I had to run about 300 rounds thru mine to break it in properly. It's pretty picky on ammo as well, Taurus has good customer service if you care to send it back. Usually takes 3-4 weeks. Good Luck
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

I just taught a CC class and one student had a LCP. About 5 jams with fifty rounds. It was new and only had one box of ammo through it befor the class.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

As a follow up to my post. I personally have had great luck with my LCP and I carry it with 13 rounds (2 six round mags and 1 in the chamber) in the below Uncle Mike's holster that I adapted to be able to carry the extra mag. All you do is carefully cut the stitching at the top of the lower tab and the mag slides right in......so for me, the LCP had never hiccup'd and is WAY flatter than a 642 or any other revolver and is perfect for me for when I cannot or dont want to carry anything larger. Just giving you another option.

Sorry for the bad photos, but I did this quickly with my phone to be able to post this.

"I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I read the American Rifleman review of the 380s. Makes me glad I bought a S&W 442. I'm not saying Revolvers never need repair. They just don't need hundreds of rounds to make sure they function.

well, my LCP or my wife's P232 has functioned fine (-0- failures of any sort) ....not all 380's are garbage........yes, some lower tiered manufactures are not great...
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

These Taurus guns are scrap. I bought 2 that I wanted to carry (85UL and a 709) and both broke within 200 rounds of shooting. Never again will I buy one.

I had been wanting an LCP since they came out. Never had a chance to get one at a good price. Everytime I'd seen one they were $350 or better.

When I went in to Academy they had both the TCP and LCP. There was $40 difference. I went with the TCP for the extra mag and slide lock.

Wish I would have got the LCP.

As a side note. The TCP fit my hand a little bit better. I liked the look of the gun, and it even shoots nice. Just need to get the FTE and blowback issue fixed. Once that's taken care of I'm sure I'll like the gun. I just don't like having to send something in just after you buy it.

I like your setup alot Harley. Looks very comfortable.

Just an update on this. Taurus said that Fedex would be at my house the next day with a box and label. Told me to put the Taurus box inside the Fedex box, fill out the label with specific instructions.

When the guy showed up, he was empty handed. I told him there was supposed to be a box, and he said he had no idea, and was out of boxes on the truck. He brought me a bag envelope to put my Taurus box in.

I had turn the guy down and send him on his way. Just didn't seem like a safe way to send the firearm. I'm gonna take it to Academy and have them ship it back to Taurus.

Starting to be a hassle.

Sad to see others are having issues with this firearm. My dad uncle and I each purchased one, but I am not very pleased with it. This many issues - i do not think i should have to go spend $300 on ammo just to 'break it in' and feel comfortable carrying it. Wish I could just get my money back...

Ditto on the ammo cost to "break in" a gun; I'm sorry I spent the cash on a Taurus and on a KelTek plus the ammo $$ only to give up on both guns. Replaced both with Glocks. However, not all low cost handguns should be ignored: My two RIA's have been flawless and no "break in" either.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    No break in problems with this beauty.

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!
    The year is young and another World Series championship awaits!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links