New PM9 Range Report

New PM9 Range Report

This is a discussion on New PM9 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got a chance to take my new PM9 out, and run some rounds through her. Picked her up at B&H Gunrack for $564. My ...

Thread: New PM9 Range Report

New PM9 Range Report

Finally got a chance to take my new PM9 out, and run some rounds through her. Picked her up at B&H Gunrack for $564. My progression of guns that I was looking at but eventually lead me to the PM9 was the LCP, TCP, DB380, P380, and then PM9. I was turned off by the scarcity of the .380 ammo, and figured it'd be easier to get a pocket 9mm and not have to buy different ammo since I already had an XD9SC. I then cleaned and prepped it like others suggested on Kahrtalk, and came away with 0 FTF, FTE's, or any type of malfunctions.

Flawless through about 2-300 rounds of ammo from WWB White Box, CCI Blazers, RUAG, and Federals. I would mix the rounds in the magazine as well just to see if I could get any malfunctions. Also had a buddy of mine, who is a relatively new shooter, try the PM9 to see if he might get any malfunctions, and none whatsoever on his end either.

Didn't get a chance to try out any self defense ammo, but will post that up when I get more. I was a lil worried at first after reading different posts about other people's first time experiences with the PM9, but I can honestly say, I trust this gun as much as I trust my XD (which has also been flawless for me) I got a chance to shoot them both together, and the recoil on the PM9 is definitely much more snappier than the XD, but isn't as bad if you use the extended mag. Trigger pull takes some getting used to, but very smooth.

I wanted to sell the XD since I was going to carry the PM9 almost all the time from here on out, but it's such a silky smooth gun that I have to keep it.

Anyhow, below Pic is from 20' away, using the 6rd Mag first time shooting it.

And then a whole cluster of mess below in chronological order. Got a lil ugly the further away it got, but that should get better with more practice.

Circles are 20'/6rd mag (as pictured previously)
    Squares 20'/7rd mag
    Triangles 30'/6rd mag
    Backslash 30'/7rd mag
    Equal sign 40'/6rd mag
    Straight Line | 40'/7rd mag.

"It's better to have a gun and not need, than need a gun and not have."

-Kahr PM9, Springfield XD9SC, Sig Sauer 522 Swat, Fenix PD30 R4, Benchmade Mini-Griptilian Tanto.

I love my PM. FYI, since you havent already tried any defensive ammo, I have had great luck with the hornady Critical Defense stuff. Fed fine.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Good report. Not surprised that it functioned well through every round. I'm taking mine out to the range tomorrow to finish my break in. I'm at 100rnds with no problems right now.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Will try to track down some Hornady and a few others this weekend and see how those fare as well. Thanks for the heads up!
    "It's better to have a gun and not need, than need a gun and not have."

-Kahr PM9, Springfield XD9SC, Sig Sauer 522 Swat, Fenix PD30 R4, Benchmade Mini-Griptilian Tanto.

nice report - Been eyeing one of these for my bride. Still need to get her out to shoot it.
    Agree on not selling the XD - youlll miss it. I couldn't imagine selling mine.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

I sold my XD 357sig and regretted it since.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Congratulations on the new PM9!

I recently picked up my second PM9, having sold my first and experiencing the longing pangs of lost love. I had some trouble with the first gun and wound up sending it back to Kahr for repair. The new pistol, however, has been flawless.

A word of advice - if you want to save $180, don't look at a PM9 with a Crimson Trace laser attached. The combination of laser and pistol is only slightly larger, and it makes for a very effective sefl-defense tool.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by reign719 View Post
    Anyhow, below Pic is from 20' away, using the 6rd Mag first time shooting it.
    Nice. I've been wanting one of those ever since I saw Nutnfancy's report on Youtube, referring to the PM9 as the perfect carry gun.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

For ammo the Critical Defense is excellent but I prefer Cor Bon Powerball for ease of feeding and great expansion from a short barrel.

I've had mine for about 45 days and have about 1800 downrange with it (I shoot alot). I've never had any issue with it and it's fed every single round I've shot through it. Slowfire groups at 7 yards can most often be covered up by a quarter. As for SD loads I have 200 rounds of 147gr HST, 200 rounds of 147gr Ranger T (Bonded), 200 rounds of 124gr Ranger (Bonded) without issue. I shot 400 rounds of CCI Blazer when I first got it, the rest have been reloads.

The only issue I have is the square checkering on the front strap is sharp and cuts my finger. I'm about to sand it down and stipple the entire grip. I decided today that after alot of trial and error, and alot of holster I can't draw fast enough from the pocket since it doesn't have the smooth rounded edges of the SW642, which is lighting fast. Not a fault of the gun at all.

Love my PM9 also!! And my XD9.
    I have Hornady Critical Defense ammo, and plan to shoot it through both guns this weekend to see how they perform.

Talking

My new Kahr PM9 will be here tomorrow. Looking for it to replace my P3AT after I put it through the break-in. It will be a nice companion to my Kahr P45
    02PSD4ME

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Another "flawless" Kahr range report........whow! I am not surprised at all. My PM9 has also been a great pocket gun, 100 percent reliable with many hundreds of rounds down range. And the same goes for my CW40 too for that matter. I am a Glock owner as well......go figure!

You made the right choice.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

The PM9 is my next carry gun, I'm jelous.

Sponsored Links