PM9 Night Sights & Polish

This is a discussion on PM9 Night Sights & Polish within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent my PM9 in to Kahr for night sight installation and decided to add the Deluxe Polish Package just because. I got her back ...

Thread: PM9 Night Sights & Polish

I sent my PM9 in to Kahr for night sight installation and decided to add the Deluxe Polish Package just because. I got her back yesterday and here she is, next to my P380 for a little reference...

Lighting isn't the greatest...

Can I ask how much the night sight installation was? I'm actually thinking of doing the same with my PM9 and P380. I think it would be beneficial to have both night sights in addition to the Crimson Trace that I have installed on both.

$80 for the sights, $40 for the install and another $25 for the shipping. But it was in there already for some warranty services so I wasn't charged shipping. A little high but the gun was already there, I was also considering a polish job so I figured I'd pull the trigger on all of it at once.

I would suggest that everyone who owns a gun with dovetailed sights purchases a brass punch. This way you are able to change sights, and adjust your sights for windage on all of your firearms. It's cheap and an easy skill to learn.

Your PM9 looks shiny and nice! Been thinking about putting a night site up front on mine as well but I haven't gotten around to it...I don't carry it very much lately.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    I would suggest that everyone who owns a gun with dovetailed sights purchases a brass punch. This way you are able to change sights, and adjust your sights for windage on all of your firearms. It's cheap and an easy skill to learn.

Your PM9 looks shiny and nice! Been thinking about putting a night site up front on mine as well but I haven't gotten around to it...I don't carry it very much lately.

when I asked the tec at Kahr about the difficulty level of the sights for my CW9 after a brief discussion about various other handguns, he advised me that the sights in the Kahr were a step or two harder than on Kimbers...and I know how tight the dovetails are on Kimber. He also guaranteed that the sights installed by the factory would be properly aligned, as are most of the Kahr sights from the factory. I opted to pay them the 40 bucks and not risk breaking a trit tube trying a DIY project without a sight vise/pusher.

Just my experience....and it was very successful.

surv

Quote Originally Posted by VrodRay View Post
    $80 for the sights, $40 for the install and another $25 for the shipping. But it was in there already for some warranty services so I wasn't charged shipping.
    - How big are the Trijicon sights compared to the standard sights? I'm curious if there may be any issues using an existing holster.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I've had no problems with the Kahr offered trijicon sights in my holsters, but am a little disappointed with the sights themselves. They are tiny tritium tubes, but do fine in the dark (as they should), but in the daylight they aren't much better than plain black iron sights as there's just not a lot of color contrast around the trit tubes. It would be nice if the rear face of the sights were totally white. Size wise, I see no real problem holstering since the Trijicon sights are so small.... now, the Fiber Optic sights that were made available for the CW series shortly before the release of the Trij sights looked entirely too bulky, and sharp edged, for a holstered carry gun. I'm not sure about the PM series sights, but know they offer XS Big Dot sights for them, and would assume they were somewhat larger than the standard night sights available for the CW's. Quite a few guys on the KahrTalk forum use the XS Big Dots, but I'm not really sure about their carry methods.

surv

I went with the Meprolight night sights on my Kahrs and like them much better than the Trijicon ones. I have one pistol with the Trijicons and they are very small tubes. Not worth a darn for daytime shooting.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

I had Meprolight sights put on only b/c Kahr was out of stock of the Trijicon sights, and I am glad I did. Like Captain said the Trijicons aren't so great for the daytime, but the Meprolight's have a larger white ring around the dot for better daytime sighting.

Took the PM9 out in the sun light for some better pictures and here is what I got, much more visable what was done...

GM
    Nice PM9! Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Nice looking guns!

Links