Seller's Regret... - Page 4

Seller's Regret...

This is a discussion on Seller's Regret... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 25 years ago, a friend who owned a gun sop sold me a 4 inch S&W 357. Nice gun, can't recall the model number. Anyway, ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seller's Regret...

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    25 years ago, a friend who owned a gun sop sold me a 4 inch S&W 357. Nice gun, can't recall the model number. Anyway, I went through a period of unemployment, fllowed by a divorce (not my choice). I needed cash, so my so called friend offered to sell it for me on consignment. I went by his shop, and it was no longer on display. He gave me a line about sending it over to a potential customer. He never did pay me, or return the gun. Obviously, we haven't been on speaking terms for many years. Prior to my move to Vegas, I just avoided him- I'm afraid that I would kniock the crap out of him if I even looked at him. It's been over 2 decades, and I'd STILL smack him if I saw him.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    My Colt Magnum Carry. Granted I sold it for over twice what I paid for it, but it was a really sweet weapon that I'd like to have back. It would be followed closely by the Colt Defender Lightweight I sold. It was the best 3" 1911 I have ever shot, and easy to carry too.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Don't even get me started....

The worst was a mint Colt Agent .38. Right behind that one was a Browning HP that had the BEST SA trigger I've ever seen.

I'm an idiot......

I have never sold a gun...well almost never...

I ran out of room in my safe, so I put an SKS on consignment until I was able to get another safe. I priced it at $300.00 *KNOWING* it would not sell. The day I went to get it....yup, you guessed it. Someone bought it. That was the first and only one. There have not been many since that have left my hands, but they have all been gifts to those who needed it more (single Moms, friends who just could not afford one, and a good buddy that really liked a VERY old S&W top break I had)

Don't regret the SKS going for $300, but I cannot ever say "I have never sold a gun."

Sold a Ruger P85 when my wife was pregnant, but I think the one I miss the most was a Berretta 96 that I had bought from a buddy who was a sheriff. It had been gone thru by an armorer and man could it shoot! Sold it at the same time I sold the Ruger, but some times things happen.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Sillhouette model 29 S&W (10 5/8" bbl)....
    Hard to find holster for that one, but fun to shoot poppers at 75 yds....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member
    First handgun I ever purchased was a Colt Mark IV Series 80...it was wonderful! Great trigger and I can't ever remember having a malfunction of any kind. In December 1989, I traded it (plus some cash) for a brand new Benelli M1 Super 90 12 gauge shotgun.

I still have the Benelli, but I do miss that Colt
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

JPP

Well.............

A custom built 45 ACP I used for USPSA limited built by Fred Craig.

A Beretta 20 guage

A Colt HBAR .223

A Colt 9mm CAR ........ both from my days as a Reserve with the SO.

A Ruger Mark II .22 pistol.......

A Glock 19......... I better stop there..... My eyes are tearing up.

Needless to say...... I've learned to hang on to every single gun I have now and have bought since..........

JP

Mine

An M1 Carbine. It was fun to shoot.

I sold it to get the money to buy a gun I ended up hating.

sniff... sniff... a shrouded hammer Colt Agent is the only one that I have been kicking myself for ever since. I bought it NIB, owned it for many years but only put maybe 200 - 300 rounds through it. I sold it to a co-worker for $250. He balked a little at the price but gave in. Then a week later, after he had a chance to fire it, he told me what a sweet gun it was... well worth the $250. I couldn't agree more...

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    The one I kick myself over is this Smith and Wesson 9 MM that looked like a 1911 and S&W quit making in the '80's.

While I didn't get enough for my Glock when I traded it in, I wasn't happier when I got rid of it.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

JD
    Administrator
    hehe I know a guy that trades his in on a new gun, then buys them back later for the dealers mark up on a used gun.....You thought you had regrets, this guilt trips himself into buying them back before they can be sold.

My biggest regret is the Para P14:45 LDA light rail that I traded to get my Para CCW, I really wasn't shooting ot that often, and wanted a new carry gun so I won out in the end in my book, but I still miss having 15 rds of .45acp on hand....maybe it's time to look at the new XD???

I guess my thing was that I was buying more used guns to keep costs down on a single purchase to keep the wife at bay, and was later trading them in on nicer brand new models that were out of my normal price range. Now I'm to the point that I don't want to offload any more of them.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLover

How many guns are to many ?

There's no such thing as long as your keeping your bills paid...

erh

Exclamation Too many to remember anymore..!

I for one have to be "Honest" and say "Any, and all of 'em..!"
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

delta force, i feel your pain. I bought a used one back in the 80's,
    just put a new scope on, ( it is mint) and i think i'll keep it.

JimB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links