Seller's Regret... - Page 5

Seller's Regret...

This is a discussion on Seller's Regret... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Only two. Both Smith & Wesson's, 629 8" , 4506. The 4506 went on a cross country trip I took in 93. That pistol was ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Seller's Regret...

Only two.
    Both Smith & Wesson's, 629 8" , 4506.
    The 4506 went on a cross country trip I took
    in 93. That pistol was a bugger to conceal,
    and I ended up selling it to buy a Glock 27.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Only sold a Remington 870 Super Magnum, GLOCK 26, and a Ruger 10/22. Only miss the 10/22. I have a older Remington .22 rifle I inherited from my grandfather so I still have a .22. But the 10/22 was ultra reliable and there is so much aftermarket stuff for it. I only got $60 for it and I'm sure I'll buy one again eventually.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Wow. Why only one? There are so many. That's why the wife (God Bless Her Immortal Soul) made me reverse my self-imposed policy of "Buy a New Gun, Get Rid of an Old One". She keeps her shoes as long as she likes them, so I can do the same with guns.... I can have have as many as I want.

But, to answer the question, a Ruger .357 Vaquero.

Followed closely by a pair of CZ-52's.

Quote Originally Posted by ssssthesnake
    sold an old colt 1911 my grandad gave me when i was 19 asked him first and he said yea i wanted to buy a 9mm what a dumb young man he died two years later got to thinking about it and it was proubably his side arm in ww2 id sell every gun i own now to have it back
    I know what you mean. I have a Remington .22 semi auto rifle and a Browning (I belive) .410 pump-action that were my grandfathers. I rarely shoot the .22 and have only shot the .410 once. But, I know if I ever sold them I'd regret it.

They were my grandfathers and other than these guns the only thing I have of his is a ring he made out of a quarter on the boat over to Okonawa. Every time I showed that ring to someone and told them the story they were amazed. I thought I lost it for a while and was pretty depressed (it was after he had passed).

Don't mean to get 'off-topic', but one handgun I will definitely NOT sell is my late-grandfather's .22 Colt Challenger handgun. Sentimental reasons.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

The only guns I have ever sold were ones that did not work. I sole them to the local gun store. I informed that they did not work, as I did not want them sold to someone that would hurt themselves or someone else. They have a gunsmith on site that can fix them and sell them.

I hate to think about all the guns that I've sold over the years and now wished that I could get them back. They start with a couple of consecative numbers BHPs Mk II, Colt Combat Command stain nickel 70 series, S&W Mod. 5967 (I was told by Horton only 500 made, of course I asked after I sold it), Springfield Armory SAR 48 Bush, Polytech Legend, LC Smith field grade 20gauge, etc....

Out of all of them I would say that I miss the LC Smith the most.

That is why I don't sell anything now!
    Last edited by stmichps; July 19th, 2006 at 10:22 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links