Glock 32 or 36

This is a discussion on Glock 32 or 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been debating the Glock 32 and getting a 40 barrel to go along with it or getting a G36. I made the call yesterday ...

Thread: Glock 32 or 36

Glock 32 or 36

I've been debating the Glock 32 and getting a 40 barrel to go along with it or getting a G36. I made the call yesterday and walked out of the shop with a G36 and two additional +1 mags. The problem is I also walked out with a Ruger LCP. I got my federal taxes back this week and it was just smokin' in my pocket. Sometimes I think maybe I should remarry for a little enforced restrait. Here's my problem I can only find 380 ammo along the lines of Golden Sabre, Corbon etc. any reputable online sources for 380 ammo where I might be able to keep an arm? I'm just looking for some target worthy stuff.

As far as shooting, I like the G36 very well, but then again I've yet to own a Glock I haven't been pleased with. The LCP seems like it will be fine but with the ammo issues and only having access to higher dollar stuff, I didn't fire it much. It does seem like it will be fine though.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

2. Remove Ads

You made the right choice with the G36. Great pistol.

The 36 is nice.

I was looking for a 32, ended up walking out with a 23.
    Knowing is half the battle.

380 auto PD ammo? Sort of lost me with the subject of the post G32 or G36. I could say a few things about the Glocks, but you've already got one now in the G36. Why find a 357sig Glock when you intend on making it into a 40S&W? Either way, I find that any 357sig or G36 magazines somewhat hard to find and generally in short supply unless you're willing to buy new or search your local pawn shop's box-o-mags. 45acp ammo is also more available then any of the 357sig that I've seen in real life (not on the internet). My local Wally Worlds are stocking plenty of range ammo these days, and I've found some surprises in the PD ammo over the last couple of months as well. To tell the truth (and I'm hoping not to give away a best kept secret here as well as help my fellow shooter at the sane time)...but....I've actually come across more specific ammo in stock at some of my local hardware stores as well as the small town feed stores and at reasonable prices (reasonable means to me that I can buy it here and now at a better price than if I bought it over the internet and had shipping charges involved).....plus I can touch it immediately and carry it home! If I knew what kind of .380auto ammo you were looking for, I might know where to find it locally. I look at all ammo when at the store or shop I'm in, the prices, and whatnot just because that's my view of the overall market. But I haven't bought any .380auto since the lean days of last year, and I don't even own anything in .380auto! What we need to do is create a better network locally, and communicate better. Especially at the local level (Arkansas for starters, then whittle it down to areas after that). Quite a few websites have popped up with local markets in mind...buy, sell, trade, etc. Needs, wants, etc...... If I can buy it here, and you can't get it there, and the internet prices are forking you over, then things would likely come out better dealing with a trusted homeboy and the physical world. Heck...they're already raping us on the price of gasoline. Somebody out there knows where to find what you're looking for. We're all somebody and we're everywhere. Some day, we'll put it all together and be better for it. Until that time, I'll keep hoping for the day. Plenty of online resources already dedicated to the Arkansan sportsman, gun owner, shooter. Just ask and I'll get them all in a bundle for you. BTW..I have a new 100ct box of .380auto and I'll trade or sell locally and have no intent on taking anyone to the bank over it.
    Visit us at www.artemisarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    380 auto PD ammo? Sort of lost me with the subject of the post G32 or G36. I could say a few things about the Glocks, but you've already got one now in the G36. Why find a 357sig Glock when you intend on making it into a 40S&W? Either way, I find that any 357sig or G36 magazines somewhat hard to find and generally in short supply unless you're willing to buy new or search your local pawn shop's box-o-mags. 45acp ammo is also more available then any of the 357sig that I've seen in real life (not on the internet). My local Wally Worlds are stocking plenty of range ammo these days, and I've found some surprises in the PD ammo over the last couple of months as well. To tell the truth (and I'm hoping not to give away a best kept secret here as well as help my fellow shooter at the sane time)...but....I've actually come across more specific ammo in stock at some of my local hardware stores as well as the small town feed stores and at reasonable prices (reasonable means to me that I can buy it here and now at a better price than if I bought it over the internet and had shipping charges involved).....plus I can touch it immediately and carry it home! If I knew what kind of .380auto ammo you were looking for, I might know where to find it locally. I look at all ammo when at the store or shop I'm in, the prices, and whatnot just because that's my view of the overall market. But I haven't bought any .380auto since the lean days of last year, and I don't even own anything in .380auto! What we need to do is create a better network locally, and communicate better. Especially at the local level (Arkansas for starters, then whittle it down to areas after that). Quite a few websites have popped up with local markets in mind...buy, sell, trade, etc. Needs, wants, etc...... If I can buy it here, and you can't get it there, and the internet prices are forking you over, then things would likely come out better dealing with a trusted homeboy and the physical world. Heck...they're already raping us on the price of gasoline. Somebody out there knows where to find what you're looking for. We're all somebody and we're everywhere. Some day, we'll put it all together and be better for it. Until that time, I'll keep hoping for the day. Plenty of online resources already dedicated to the Arkansan sportsman, gun owner, shooter. Just ask and I'll get them all in a bundle for you. BTW..I have a new 100ct box of .380auto and I'll trade or sell locally and have no intent on taking anyone to the bank over it.
    Visit us at Artemis Arms
    I'm still looking at the G32 for pure knock down power, not something I'd carry a lot. My thinking on the 40 barrel was it's cheaper to shoot 40 than 357 Sig for purely recreational reasons. As far as the 380 ammo what I'm looking for is just something to get familar with the LCP with, FMJ is fine. I just don't want some really cheap Euro ammo that's going to really dirty up the gun. I think I may like the LCP, for a tiny gun.

There is a pawn shop in Clarksville AR that has 380 FMJ ammo for a reasonable price. He does not scalp prices even when ammo was scarce.
    Last year Gunshops in Ft. Smith were buying his stock and then doubling the price! It is the first place I go when looking for pistol ammo.

My EDC is a Glock-36...a great firearm, dependable and very concealable.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkCharlie View Post
    There is a pawn shop in Clarksville AR that has 380 FMJ ammo for a reasonable price. He does not scalp prices even when ammo was scarce.
    Last year Gunshops in Ft. Smith were buying his stock and then doubling the price! It is the first place I go when looking for pistol ammo.
    What is the pawn shop called? I have a sister in that area.

Links