Plinker

This is a discussion on Plinker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER Buddy of mine had a very nice buckmark before his divorce(wife took it) This is what happened to my MK II. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plinker

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    Buddy of mine had a very nice buckmark before his divorce(wife took it)
    This is what happened to my MK II. How is the Buck on taking it down and putting it back? I've seen them, even shot them, but never seen one taken down. If Glock would just go ahead and make a .22 and import the 380 I wouldn't have to ask these questions....
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

2. Remove Ads

OK, I will save you the trouble... Ice Man, only an idiot would put money into a gun and treat it like that! You should be ashamed of yourself!!

Just for the record, I clean my carry pieces religiously and completely. Now that we have that covered...

I have never cleaned or taken down my buckmark, and am not real sure how to do it. I have shot at least 2000 rounds through it and it still functions perfectly.

I suppose I should go clean it now!
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

I went back and looked some more today. I decided on the Walther P-22 Limited Edition. Comes with both barrels (along with wrenches to change them), extra/alternate sights, and extra mag and a nice box, $45 more than the standard I don't feel I did badly. Oh and the barrels are threaded in case I want to go quiet down the road.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Well, I know you already stated you picked up the P22, but thought I'd mention my experience with a Buckmark for anyone else interested in one.

My pistol has roughly 1500 rounds through her and I haven't had a single jam of any kind after roughly 500 rounds of Federal bulk pack and the only misfires were just duds (every box has a few). Federal is pretty dirty, but she just keeps going.

The only complaint I have about her is that the rear sight screw loosens after a bit of shooting. Some add loctite, but I prefer to leave her alone and just keep the wrench in the case.

The ergonomics are outstanding and she's super accurate. I added the Tactical Solutions railed rear sight and install a red dot every now and again. That's an excellent combination.

Being that I carry either a CZ P-01 or CZ PCR, I ordered a Kadet kit over the weekend. That allows me to use the CZ frame with a .22lr slide so I get cheap practice with exactly what I carry (control wise) and it also helps to further break in the trigger. It also makes it a heck of a lot cheaper to practice point shooting and the like. Should be here later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    +1 on the Buck Mark

That's a really cool looking Buckmark. I have the NRA Grade 1.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    This is a GREAT .22 plinker (Beretta Neos U22)

I just got this one a couple days ago and I am hoping it will surpass the greatness of the Beretta Neos U22.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I think I just read about more jams and malfunctions with Ruger pistols in this one thread than I have in half a dozen forums I follow. I have never heard of a Ruger Markx .22 cal pistol being problem plagued. No less than 6 of my regular running buddies have some variation or another of the Ruger, and not a one of us has ever had a problem that wasn't caused directly by cheap, out of spec ammunition (Rem Golden Bullets in bulk come to mind). In five minutes time I've taught them all how to field strip and reassemble their pistols. I can't for the life of me understand what the problem is with caring for such a pistol. Mine makes at least a monthly range trip, and no less than half a brick of ammo. Probably nearing the 15,000 round mark by now, and both externally and internally it looks excellent, shoots accurately, and is extremely reliable.

surv

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Buckmark gets my vote. BTW to take it down all you have to do is remove two bolts. My only complaint is that to really clean it I have to take the red dot off first.

deleted
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If Foster's is Australian for beer, than the Ruger Single-Six is American for plinkin'...two cyclinders (.22 and .22mag)...a great shooter...get a cowboy holster.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    My new Walther Nano Point reflex sight arrived today. $49 @ CDNN. Looks very solid. All aluminum construction. Looking forward to this weekend. :p

+1 for S&W 22A. I owned several 22 revolvers when I bought mine--I now have 2 barrel lengths. Also now have Ruger MK II and the family especially the grand kids like the shorter 22 with red dot mounted. Can't go wrong with Ruger or Smith IMHO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links