New addition to the gun safe

This is a discussion on New addition to the gun safe within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I love shooting, one of the requirements is that ammunition is available to make that wonderful *bang* sound. While I enjoy shooting my Taurus ...

Thread: New addition to the gun safe

New addition to the gun safe

While I love shooting, one of the requirements is that ammunition is available to make that wonderful *bang* sound. While I enjoy shooting my Taurus 745, repeated trips to Wally World left me feeling frustrated at the ever-increasing dust on the .45 target ammo shelf. At the same time, I noticed that there was always lots (and I mean500-1000+ rounds!) of .40 sitting there. So began the search for a brother for my little Taurus. Following six months of Internet research, haunting the local gunshops, lots of conversations at the range, and with my state tax refund in my pocket (thanks, honey!...lol) I completed my search yesterday with the purchase of a brand-new M&P .40C. I'm not a loyalist to any one brand, so I first narrowed it down to the 24/7, the XD, and the M&P. It's not that the others aren't fine weapons, but the M&P just was much more comfortable in my hands. After handling all three numerous times, the first time I worked the action I knew the M&P was for me. It just felt the best of the three finalists, and I've learned to listen to that little voice in my head. I'll post more after my first trip to the range (this afternoon, if it quits raining for awhile) and after making a trip to Wally World to start helping them rotate some of the WWB inventory
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredonce View Post
    While I love shooting, one of the requirements is that ammunition is available to make that wonderful *bang* sound. While I enjoy shooting my Taurus 745, repeated trips to Wally World left me feeling frustrated at the ever-increasing dust on the .45 target ammo shelf. At the same time, I noticed that there was always lots (and I mean500-1000+ rounds!) of .40 sitting there. So began the search for a brother for my little Taurus. Following six months of Internet research, haunting the local gunshops, lots of conversations at the range, and with my state tax refund in my pocket (thanks, honey!...lol) I completed my search yesterday with the purchase of a brand-new M&P .40C. I'm not a loyalist to any one brand, so I first narrowed it down to the 24/7, the XD, and the M&P. It's not that the others aren't fine weapons, but the M&P just was much more comfortable in my hands. After handling all three numerous times, the first time I worked the action I knew the M&P was for me. It just felt the best of the three finalists, and I've learned to listen to that little voice in my head. I'll post more after my first trip to the range (this afternoon, if it quits raining for awhile) and after making a trip to Wally World to start helping them rotate some of the WWB inventory
    Your little voice was correct sir... My little voice told me to buy an M&P five times now, and I listened.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Links