Taurus PT145 PRO Millenium

This is a discussion on Taurus PT145 PRO Millenium within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any opinions on this pistol?...

Thread: Taurus PT145 PRO Millenium

Question Taurus PT145 PRO Millenium

Any opinions on this pistol?

2. Remove Ads

Most people with the latest generation Millenium Pro seem to have no problems, especially with the PT145. My experience with a PT745 [same gun w/single stack mag] was not so good. I had 40 failures to feed and 4 dropped mags out of 262 rounds of ball and HP. I sent it back to Miami, and waited 6 weeks for it's return. As far as I can tell, all they did was replace the mag release and polish the ramp. It will now feed ball and Golden Sabers, but not Gold Dots. Every round nose dives into the ramp, but the mag drops were fixed.

IMO, 6 weeks is way too long. Last week I shipped a Kahr PM45 that I had bought used back for a minor non-functional repair, and got it back in 5 days. In addition to the problem I reported, they replaced the recoil assy. and slide, and polished the ramp. Now that's CS.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    The bottom line is:

The PT145 is excellent with the right mags.

The mags are a crap shoot.

The mags you get are whatever someone decided to toss in the box at the factory in Brazil. I had to replace both mags on mine and I bought it brand new. Once I did so, it's been flawless.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    The bottom line is:

The PT145 is excellent with the right mags.

The mags are a crap shoot.

The mags you get are whatever someone decided to toss in the box at the factory in Brazil. I had to replace both mags on mine and I bought it brand new. Once I did so, it's been flawless.
    Yep, Had the PT145. The Gun itself was great!!! The mags were horrid.

I didn't want to get into the magazine mods I saw on forums and other places, nor did I want to order new ones and such. I traded up to a G30sf.

If you get a PT145 with functional mags? You'll have a good gun.

Not happy with my MilPro 745; cannot fire it off hand (single hand grip) without successive FTE/FTF. LGS says I'm limpwristing; maybe so, but not a problem with my Glocks, RIAs, HiPower, etc., etc.. It's a gun I want to love so much but it just sits in the safe.

I did a lot of online reading about Taurus before the purchase; I knew it was a gamble, just thought I'd be lucky. Fail.

I like it but ive only shot it once..they seem to be(for me) the EXACT right size for a small CC .45ACP.

I love mine never had a problem i actaully did catch my self limp wristing it which i thought was the gun malfunctioning cause ive never had that happen but i tightened up and not a problem since id say deffinatley a great but
    note:pt145 mil pro-

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I've had no problems with my PT145. FOM (also my gun dealer) said he's sold several of the PT145's, very popular little gun & hasn't heard any bad reports from any of his customers about them.

You can find more info on them at the following link.

Taurus Armed.net - Index
    For God, Family and Country!

Another Taurus choice would be the 24/7 Pro compact 45. I have one, and although my PT745 has been a disappointment, the 24/7 has done very well. I have never heard of a mag problem with this gun, and the online reviews are positive. I measured it with my 745, and the 24/7 is the same width through the slide, the same height, and about 3/8 inch longer. The weight difference per Taurus is 2 ozs over the PT145. Around here, the price is about the same for the 24/7, the 745, and the 145.

I bought a PT140 about ten years ago and had several problems with it. I replaced mags and still had feeding problems. It was also very uncomfortable to shoot in my opinion. My neighbor has a newer model and loves it. He says he hasn't had any issues with it at all. I have heard from several sources that Taurus has come a long way recently and their quality and reliabilty have greatly improved.

I have been carrying my PT145 for over 2.5 yrs. I have never had a problem with it in over 1500 rds thru it.
    02PSD4ME

drw
    I like mine, have had no problems with it.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    It's my EDC.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I bought one this morning on another forum. Guy lived local so I picked it up. Went stright to the firing range. 50 Winchester 230GR JHP's without a problem at all. Shot one handed and off handed without a hitch. The guy I bought it from changed out the sights to fiber optics and I kinda like them. I haven't carried it and probably won't for any extended period. My primary carries are a Kel-Tec PF-9 or a Kel-Tec P3AT. I have been looking for a compact .45 with at least 10 rd capacity and this one fit the bill. It feels very good in my hand and shoots great. I have had many Taurus handguns over the years and I must say that I am very impressed with this one. Not that I have had any problems with any of the others.

I love mine. A little chunky for summer carry just under a t-shirt but I love it for winter carry. 11 rounds of .45 in a package that small is hard to beat.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Links